3D Modeling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: 3D Modeling
(21-04-2014 10:24 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 10:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Is it hard to learn? I use Google Sketchup.
Nope tutorials are infinite.

May give it a try.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Another income stream of mine when I have quiet periods in music, is modelling. I build them to order. Prices begin at $500.00.

[Image: 612303443_l.jpg]

A computer 3D project of which I am fond is Byzantium 1200.

http://www.byzantium1200.com/

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-04-2014, 12:01 AM
I've been playing around with tinkercad. It's fun! I am sculpting a face next then I'll print it.

Have you seen the new houses printed in China? They can print 10 (human scaled) houses per 24hrs.
22-04-2014, 12:08 AM
(22-04-2014 12:01 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I've been playing around with tinkercad. It's fun! I am sculpting a face next then I'll print it.

Have you seen the new houses printed in China? They can print 10 (human scaled) houses per 24hrs.

Never heard of tinkercad and no I have not seen those, that is crazy!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-04-2014, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2014 01:21 AM by sporehux.)
http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/3ds-max

FREE, 3 Year trial of 3Dsmax (student/education)

quick and dirty pokeball

Working on a city layout like this at the moment for an oculus rift demo :
using the Greeble plugin, :

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
22-04-2014, 12:54 AM
(21-04-2014 10:02 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Is anyone else here into 3D Modeling like I am or am I alone on this? If so what program do you like to use and what's your best work? Curious to see if i'm the only one bored enough to teach myself useless skills lol.

Here is a peek at my work:
[Image: House.jpg]

[Image: plane.jpg]

[Image: Swing.jpg]

The door on the house isn't proportionate. The overhang on the roof looks weird, like it would just fall off. There's zero overhang on the right side. The steps aren't proportionate, they're all different sizes. The render on the roof is wrong. The right side wouldn't be tiled if it was flat like that it would be board like the rest of the house. The raised concrete looks weird, most people level their concrete off with their grass or the grass is taller than the concrete.

The plane's too square.

The swings are alright. Personally I prefer swings with chains rather than a bar, they're easier to swing and you have more flexibility, but everyone has a preference.

[Image: oscar.png]
22-04-2014, 12:58 AM
(22-04-2014 12:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 10:02 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Is anyone else here into 3D Modeling like I am or am I alone on this? If so what program do you like to use and what's your best work? Curious to see if i'm the only one bored enough to teach myself useless skills lol.

Here is a peek at my work:
[Image: House.jpg]

[Image: plane.jpg]

[Image: Swing.jpg]

The door on the house isn't proportionate. The overhang on the roof looks weird, like it would just fall off. There's zero overhang on the right side. The steps aren't proportionate, they're all different sizes. The render on the roof is wrong. The right side wouldn't be tiled if it was flat like that it would be board like the rest of the house. The raised concrete looks weird, most people level their concrete off with their grass or the grass is taller than the concrete.

The plane's too square.

The swings are alright. Personally I prefer swings with chains rather than a bar, they're easier to swing and you have more flexibility, but everyone has a preference.

Well 1. I'm self taught not 4 years in college so its not going to be perfect or as realistic and 2. Lets see you do a better job.

22-04-2014, 12:59 AM
(22-04-2014 12:49 AM)sporehux Wrote:  http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/3ds-max

FREE, 3 Year trial of 3Dsmax (student/education)

quick and dirty pokeball

I tried installing it but it will not work.

22-04-2014, 01:03 AM
(22-04-2014 12:58 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 12:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The door on the house isn't proportionate. The overhang on the roof looks weird, like it would just fall off. There's zero overhang on the right side. The steps aren't proportionate, they're all different sizes. The render on the roof is wrong. The right side wouldn't be tiled if it was flat like that it would be board like the rest of the house. The raised concrete looks weird, most people level their concrete off with their grass or the grass is taller than the concrete.

The plane's too square.

Well 1. I'm self taught not 4 years in college so its not going to be perfect or as realistic and 2. Lets see you do a better job.

1. You're not gonna get better if people tell you that it's the most amazing thing in the world when it's clearly flawed. The only way you're gonna do better is if people tell you where you fucked up so you can improve your skills and develop a better result next time.
Also you don't need 4 years of college.

2. Challenge accepted good sir.

[Image: oscar.png]
22-04-2014, 01:06 AM
(22-04-2014 01:03 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 12:58 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well 1. I'm self taught not 4 years in college so its not going to be perfect or as realistic and 2. Lets see you do a better job.

1. You're not gonna get better if people tell you that it's the most amazing thing in the world when it's clearly flawed. The only way you're gonna do better is if people tell you where you fucked up so you can improve your skills and develop a better result next time.
Also you don't need 4 years of college.

2. Challenge accepted good sir.

No but I already know it's flawed plus this post was not about rating my work it is just to discuss about 3D modeling in general, I just happened to show some of my work because I wanted to.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post