3D Modeling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: 3D Modeling
(22-04-2014 01:06 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 01:03 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  1. You're not gonna get better if people tell you that it's the most amazing thing in the world when it's clearly flawed. The only way you're gonna do better is if people tell you where you fucked up so you can improve your skills and develop a better result next time.
Also you don't need 4 years of college.

2. Challenge accepted good sir.

No but I already know it's flawed plus this post was not about rating my work it is just to discuss about 3D modeling in general, I just happened to show some of my work because I wanted to.

And I just happened to make general comments about your particular 3d work.
It's still on topic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2014, 01:12 AM
(22-04-2014 01:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 01:06 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  No but I already know it's flawed plus this post was not about rating my work it is just to discuss about 3D modeling in general, I just happened to show some of my work because I wanted to.

And I just happened to make general comments about your particular 3d work.
It's still on topic.

Ok well thank you for your comments, they are noted.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-04-2014, 01:18 AM
Did you guys check out the Byzantium 1200 site? The guy is now doing Babylon.

[Image: ishtar01.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-04-2014, 01:18 AM
(22-04-2014 01:18 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Did you guys check out the Byzantium 1200 site? The guy is now doing Babylon.

[Image: ishtar01.jpg]

Looks amazing!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-04-2014, 05:44 AM
I do 3-D design modeling and drafting as part of my job. We use solidworks here and I am proficent in inventor.
22-04-2014, 06:23 AM
(22-04-2014 05:44 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I do 3-D design modeling and drafting as part of my job. We use solidworks here and I am proficent in inventor.

Awesome, sounds like a fun job.

22-04-2014, 06:23 AM
Nice models Jdog.

I had a go at using Blender but didn't stick with it. My husband tried it for longer but gave up eventually. It's a shame because 3D modelling would be a useful skill for me, such as creating icons for GUIs etc. It would be fun for modding games as well.

I actually visualise my artificial intelligence using VRML, although that's now obsolete and I am going to have to port it to X3D. It's a shame that it never really caught on as hoped because I find it an absolutely brilliant tool for what I do.

The trouble is when developing an adaptive system, you need to see how it is adapting. You need to open up that black box and see what it is doing. I only managed to get my biologically plausible neural networks working properly by programmatically generating VRML code and seeing what it was doing wrong. I'm currently working on visualising my latest architecture. The trouble is that it is so time consuming but it needs to be done.
22-04-2014, 06:29 AM
(22-04-2014 06:23 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 05:44 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I do 3-D design modeling and drafting as part of my job. We use solidworks here and I am proficent in inventor.

Awesome, sounds like a fun job.

I am an Mech Engineer. I design and support specialty subsea and downhole cutting and cleaning tools and the projects the tools are used on.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
22-04-2014, 06:30 AM
(22-04-2014 06:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Nice models Jdog.

I had a go at using Blender but didn't stick with it. My husband tried it for longer but gave up eventually. It's a shame because 3D modelling would be a useful skill for me, such as creating icons for GUIs etc. It would be fun for modding games as well.

I actually visualise my artificial intelligence using VRML, although that's now obsolete and I am going to have to port it to X3D. It's a shame that it never really caught on as hoped because I find it an absolutely brilliant tool for what I do.

The trouble is when developing an adaptive system, you need to see how it is adapting. You need to open up that black box and see what it is doing. I only managed to get my biologically plausible neural networks working properly by programmatically generating VRML code and seeing what it was doing wrong. I'm currently working on visualising my latest architecture. The trouble is that it is so time consuming but it needs to be done.

Blender is no fun, i've tried it too and just could not work with it. I never thought about using 3D models as icons, i'm also an amateur software developer so I could model up some icons for my software. As for the rest I don't understand most of those words lol.

22-04-2014, 06:31 AM
(22-04-2014 06:29 AM)wazzel Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 06:23 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Awesome, sounds like a fun job.

I am an Mech Engineer. I design and support specialty subsea and downhole cutting and cleaning tools and the projects the tools are used on.

How do you even get into something like that? Is it something you planned on doing or did it just happen?