3D Modeling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2014, 06:37 AM
RE: 3D Modeling
(22-04-2014 06:31 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 06:29 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I am an Mech Engineer. I design and support specialty subsea and downhole cutting and cleaning tools and the projects the tools are used on.

How do you even get into something like that? Is it something you planned on doing or did it just happen?

Some of both. I went to college to be an engineer, graduated in 96. I got into offshore oil and gas construction in 2000. Mostly I worked on construction projects. This job was offered to me 2 years ago and it allowed me to move home from Houston. In my career so far I have designed lots of installation tools and come up with some interesting processes to get things installed by means other than brute force.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2014, 06:43 AM
(22-04-2014 06:37 AM)wazzel Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 06:31 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  How do you even get into something like that? Is it something you planned on doing or did it just happen?

Some of both. I went to college to be an engineer, graduated in 96. I got into offshore oil and gas construction in 2000. Mostly I worked on construction projects. This job was offered to me 2 years ago and it allowed me to move home from Houston. In my career so far I have designed lots of installation tools and come up with some interesting processes to get things installed by means other than brute force.

Ah, well i'm sure your hard work is making other peoples work a lot easier Thumbsup

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-04-2014, 04:55 AM
Autodesk download site is back online:
http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/3ds-max

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".