Poll: Would you consider voting Libertarian?
Yes
No
Maybe, see my post
[Show Results]

3rd option for POTUS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2016, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2016 01:06 PM by Full Circle.)
3rd option for POTUS
What are your thoughts on Gary Johnson as an alternative? A Libertarian that is fiscally conservative and socially liberal?

https://johnsonweld.com

"Here are a few other pros about Mr. Johnson you should probably be aware of:

He’s an actually successful business man, not a TV caricature of one. He didn’t get into politics until after he’d built a construction empire that didn’t sell steaks, trick innumerate people at slot machines or market predatory get-rich-quick seminars to poor people.

He’s actually governed people. He self-funded his New Mexico gubernatorial campaign and won it twice.

His running mate also governed in Massachusetts. Bill Weld was the state’s US attorney and then ran for the governor’s office in 1990. He won reelection by the widest margin is Massachusetts history. John Kerry beat him out in 1996 defending his senate seat. He almost became Bill Clinton’s ambassador to Mexico but deranged lunatic Jesse Helms managed to block the appointment by denying him a hearing.

Johnson and Weld represent the reasonable wing of the Libertarian party. They’re not trying to abolish the IRS and they actually believe in things like driver’s licenses. They’re pro-marijuana legalization, which is now a mainstream posture.

He’s a tough guy. Gary Johnson doesn’t talk with the bluster or Trump, but he once finished a Mount Everest climb with a broken leg. He did the Bataan Memorial Death March – a grueling 26.2 miles – wearing combat boots.

He actually has a chance to win. It’s a small chance, but it’s non-zero. Johnson is polling nationally at 12% despite very low name recognition in cycle that includes larger-then-life of Donald and Hillary. If he gets up to 15%, which is doable, they’ll be forced to include him in the televised debate. That brand recognition could shoot up very quickly if he performs.

It’s worth noting that the Johnson and Weld ticket will be on the election day ballots in all 50 states. Meaning, he’s a real choice.

New York Magazine sums his chances up best: Nearly 50 percent of voters are registered Independent, “which means they’re looking for another voice,” Johnson says. It is his position that he can do “real damage” should he manage to get on the same stage as Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. “There are 30 million Libertarian voters out there right now, except they don’t know it yet. It is my job to make them recognize that fact.”

Last but not least, he’s not afraid to speak his mind, a big plus in this cycle. He called Donald Trump “a pussy” in a public forum. He calls him a racist without equivocating.”

http://thereformedbroker.com/2016/07/03/...y-johnson/

ps A nod to Thumpalumpucus for having me consider the option, thanks.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
03-07-2016, 01:24 PM
RE: 3rd option for POTUS
Denigrating pussy's by equating them with Trump is not in his favor. Neither is using sexists gender insults.

As for his politics, I haven't a clue. No, I would not vote for him.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
03-07-2016, 01:28 PM
I don't see an option for "fuck no" Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
03-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Zoltan Istvan is the only one I like at this point. But, to answer the title, though I don't mind debating for the sake of debating, I would never consider actually voting for a major party candidate, and I don't consider Libertarian to be a major party. So I'd theoretically be willing to vote for one. For me, it's either 3rd party or independent only.

'Murican Canadian
03-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Yes, I believe if he had a chance to beat the other two it would be worth voting for him. See Gary run, Run Gary Run!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
03-07-2016, 01:43 PM

'Murican Canadian
03-07-2016, 02:01 PM
I saw him on Bill Mahrer last night. I normally only like watching the New Rules section but I did catch Johnson's interview. Made me want to check him out more. I especially liked that he really wanted to just get into the debates so he could force more conversation. I don't think he has any illusions of his chances of winning.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
03-07-2016, 02:07 PM
I am not a fan of Libertarianism, so I won't be voting for him.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
03-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Anything's better than an assclown or a liar..........

That's what the "big two" are offering...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-07-2016, 02:33 PM
(03-07-2016 02:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anything's better than an assclown or a liar..........

That's what the "big two" are offering...

Don't all politicians lie?

I think I read about Gary Johnson before and pretty sure I found some of his positions a bit troubling with social issues.

But I might have him confused with someone else.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post