3rd time I got a crush for a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: 3rd time I got a crush for a Christian
(22-06-2013 01:54 PM)Barone di Blocksberg Wrote:  Thanks, Lightvader.
I guess things become more complicated in my case, since I'm gay and I wouldn't ever considerate trying with a guy who sincerely thinks it's a sin.
The 1st time was the worst, I asked him out and discovered his religion the hard way. Not only was he a Christian, he followed a very conservative church, and he preached over me, about Jesus and world's temptations and how good his church was and shit. I mean, I'd feel miserable enough with a plain and simple rejection, without the religious slush.

Let me make sure I understand your situation, you are a gay man attracted to religious lunatic men?

Where are you finding these people? Christian Mingle?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
24-06-2013, 05:48 AM

(22-06-2013 04:44 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Let me make sure I understand your situation, you are a gay man attracted to religious lunatic men?

Where are you finding these people? Christian Mingle?

I think this image will make things more clear. I know it's a somewhat exaggerated and even prejudiced image (not all Christians are douchebags), but in my case, I can use that as a rule of thumb.
I'm finding them in normal places, one was a friend's roommate, the other two were undergraduates at college.
I don't wanna be prejudiced either, but they were so princely, so sweet and lovable, that I felt really heartbroken when I found the things they believed in. I'd never think they were this kind of people.
24-06-2013, 07:21 AM
There has to be a quick way to discover what their religious views are before you develop a crush...Consider

I know! Ask them! Big Grin

That was said tongue-in-cheek, but how many times in your life have people just come out a blurt out the question "So what church to you go to?" or "Do you attend church?" or "What are your views on religion?" almost as soon as you meet them?

Do this yourself and in this way you haven't invested any time in the relationship. Seems simple enough to me.

Good luck.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Reminds me of a friend....she is the sweetest, nicest woman I know, we've been friends for over 25 years. And if I were gay-she is the person I would choose for a wife because she would make an AWESOME one-- But she ALWAYS dates the loser...ALWAYS.

For some reason she finds the loser,uncommitted,no job- lazy, needs a shower, would rather party 24/7 guy attractive. Blink

I don't get it.

I think its the same problem that the person who rescues every stray animal and ends up with 60 dogs and 30 cats has.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
24-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Freethinking ladies are fewer and farther between than guys...You owe it to all the Atheist horn dogs out there to date outside of Jebus' flok. Tongue

Ps. I'm just joking don't hurt me AmyB Big Grin

EDIT: Pps. I just read about the whole man on man love thing in page two so I guess that invalidates everything I just said....carry on.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2013, 02:01 PM
(24-06-2013 07:21 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I know! Ask them! Big Grin

That was said tongue-in-cheek, but how many times in your life have people just come out a blurt out the question "So what church to you go to?" or "Do you attend church?" or "What are your views on religion?" almost as soon as you meet them?

Do this yourself and in this way you haven't invested any time in the relationship. Seems simple enough to me.

Good luck.

That reminds me of a scene of The Cather in the Rye, when Holden meets a guy whom he feels is nice, and they have a friendly conversation, then the guy asks if he knows where is the local Catholic church. That is, he was indirectly asking if Holden was a Catholic.

I don't picture myself asking someone about his religion if I don't have enough intimacy with him. Maybe it's a Brazilian thing: sensible topics like politics and religion aren't to be talked about with a person you've just met. Like a tacit etiquette code. We have a proverb here, "football, politics and religion aren't to be debated".

If I simply ask someone "what church do you attend?" or "what's your religion", and he replies "I attend the X church, and you?", and I'd have to say "I'm an atheist"? Can you see how awkward would it be?
[+] 1 user Likes Barone di Blocksberg's post
24-06-2013, 03:08 PM
This has definitely come up before on this forum.

Problem: Too many Christians, too few Atheists.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious