4 Blood Moons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2015, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2015 11:24 AM by Tonechaser77.)
4 Blood Moons
Yep, It's almost here. Next month will mark the end of the world as the fourth blood moon slides across the sky.

I think this was discussed quite a while ago in this thread...

TTA Blood Moon

and the articles are being recycled online...HERE

...but since we are nearing the alleged event and i'm getting antsy to start obnoxiously ridiculing the ridiculous ideas proposed in this nonsensical apocalyptic position, what better time to start than now?

John Hagee is the epitome of why this type of bat shit crazy religious content should be eradicated.

..."Hurricanes are acts of god punishing people"
..."Anyone who makes the life of Jewish people difficult will be cursed by god"
..."the most important thing to the christian community is not the environment but evangelism"
..."Christians don't steal or lie, they don't get divorced or have abortions. If the Ten Commandments were followed by everyone we would be able to fire half the police force and in six months the prisons would be all half empty."

This type of fundamentalist mindset enters the ballpark of the extremist views of Islam and the fact that this man has one of the largest congregations of churches in the U.S. sickens and scares the shit out of me.

In the blood moon article he claims that after September 28 the world will be destroyed by major earthquakes amid heightened tensions in the middle east and possibly lead to a third world war.

(But wait...if the world is destroyed by earthquakes how the fuck is there going to be anyone left to fight a third world war???)

To me, this shit makes me think twice about how far free speech should be taken. In fact, these types of ideas could cause hysteria and seriously affect the way the economy and world runs even when they don't come true which is why I think there should be consequences to these types of scare tactics.

And all of this leads to a book that he wrote which will undoubtedly increase in sales. What's he going to do with that money when he's dead in a month after the world ends? Better yet, is he going to give everyone their money back on September 29th?

**stepping off soap box** Hobo

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2015, 11:14 AM
RE: 4 Blood Moons
It always gets me, how forgiving the followers are. Even the ones who were conned by Harold Camping, that guy who kept predicting the end of the world and getting it wrong… I remember news stories about Camping followers who gave away everything they had, or bought stuff they knew they couldn't afford on credit.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
28-08-2015, 11:21 AM
[Image: moon+0005.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-08-2015, 11:26 AM
[Image: 53512fe5a7505.image.jpg?resize=300%2C196]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-08-2015, 11:34 AM
(28-08-2015 11:21 AM)jennybee Wrote:  [Image: moon+0005.jpg]
Doesn't Passover always fall on the full moon? So it's not too surprising that a blood moon would coincide with Passover.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Before things get too nonsensical...

Continually surprises me how dependent the Almighty is upon meteorology.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-08-2015, 11:38 AM
I think it is interesting to look at the cultural beliefs at the time the Book of Joel* was written to better understand where these people were coming from and why they developed the beliefs they did. During this time period, eclipses were considered to be "powerful and deadly omens." How deadly and powerful the omen would be would be determined by (1) time of occurrence, (2) position in sky at time of eclipse, (3) direction from which eclipse took place. As such, the darkened sun, blood moon thing was considered to be one of the most deadly of omens.

*Book of Joel references darkened sun and blood moon.

Reference: IVP Bible Commentary by Walton, Matthews, & Chavalas.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-08-2015, 11:39 AM
(28-08-2015 11:34 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 11:21 AM)jennybee Wrote:  [Image: moon+0005.jpg]
Doesn't Passover always fall on the full moon? So it's not too surprising that a blood moon would coincide with Passover.

Yup. lol

28-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Q: How does computable orbital mechanics get turned into such drivel?

Ignorance, superstition, and credulity. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
28-08-2015, 11:44 AM
2 things that amaze me about people that fall for this shit. Both have to do with the predictability of blood moons.

First, the bible very clearly states that no one will know the time or date of armageddon. We know exactly, like to the second, where and when these will happen. Wouldn't their predictability preclude them from being a sign of the end times?

Second, as they are extremely predictable, we can run the equation backwards and find out that this has happened many many many times before. None of those times were the end times. Why would this one be any different?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 7 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post