Poll: Will god send over 4 billion unbelievers to hell?
Yes, only by knowing Jesus can you go to heaven so god must send those people to hell.
No, god knows who is good or bad and will act accordingly - does not apply to atheists.
No, same as option 2 but extends to atheists
Other
[Show Results]

4 + billion people going to hell?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: 4 + billion people going to hell?
(12-03-2014 12:40 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 10:23 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Now imagine if they are all wrong and go to some hell. Surprise mothafucka.

You figured it out.

Of course, since Christianity and the Bible are so ridiculously absurd, that it is obvious that the true god created them as a test for credulity.

The true test to get into heaven is to be skeptical enough to see how absurd they are, and to disbelieve.

This. I like this.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
12-03-2014, 01:13 PM
(12-03-2014 10:28 AM)john2 Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 10:23 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  According to mainstream Christian rhetoric, yes. Despite the fact that Christianity is the largest religion in the world (assuming you lump the Baptists, Roman Catholics, Lutherans, Pentecostals, Greek Orthodox, and a bunch of other groups who think the others are all wrong together into a single, nebulous group), they're still a minority compared to non-Christians. And, the most common means to get to heaven and avoid hell is accepting Jesus as your lord and savior.

So, on a generous interpretation, for every one soul YHWH makes, two go to hell. And that's not counting increasingly strict qualifications such as baptism, proper adherence, or arbitrary numbers, like only 144,000 making it into heaven.

Given the right sect, the Christians can be pretty exclusive among themselves!

Only 144,000!? So if you're a believer are you going to get like a heaven is full sign? What then hell or limbo?

Depends on who you ask. I'm pretty sure the 144,000 number is derived from 12,000 per each of the twelve tribes of Israel. I'm not sure if 144,000 is explicitly mentioned, or not.

As to what happens with these special people and everyone else... each denomination has a different answer. Some say it is the split between heaven and hell, and everyone needs to be super devout. Jehovah's Witnesses say these people get to go to heaven, and the rest of the devout get to live forever on earth.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
12-03-2014, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 03:22 PM by Chas.)
(12-03-2014 01:13 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 10:28 AM)john2 Wrote:  Only 144,000!? So if you're a believer are you going to get like a heaven is full sign? What then hell or limbo?

Depends on who you ask. I'm pretty sure the 144,000 number is derived from 12,000 per each of the twelve tribes of Israel. I'm not sure if 144,000 is explicitly mentioned, or not.

As to what happens with these special people and everyone else... each denomination has a different answer. Some say it is the split between heaven and hell, and everyone needs to be super devout. Jehovah's Witnesses say these people get to go to heaven, and the rest of the devout get to live forever on earth.

And, by the way, that's 144,000 male virgins. Yes

Revelation 14
1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.
2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps.
3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.
4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.
5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
12-03-2014, 04:32 PM
I say no you can't have a fictional being send you to a fictional place. You might as well ask if godzilla is going to send me to planet x

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Actually, the number would be far more than 4 billion, as we need to consider the entire human population at any given point throughout human history... which of course is considered to be shorter or longer depending on who you ask.

Per the bible, there are "few" who actually go to heaven, because, even among self-proclaimed believers, it talks about the hypocrites making it to hell.... even the ones who were doing various miracles, feeding the poor, etc., because they were otherwise "workers of iniquity and [Jesus] never knew [them]."

Now we have Islam to consider, and there are all sorts of qualifiers for whether or not a person gets to go to paradise, and many believers in Islam will supposedly not make it (think of many of the women for example). So many of the muslim believers in addition to the infidels...

Not sure about Judaism except that some believe in an afterlife and some don't.
12-03-2014, 05:58 PM
(12-03-2014 01:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  And, by the way, that's 144,000 male virgins. Yes

Revelation 14
1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.
2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps.
3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.
4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.
5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.

Well, fuck (literally!). I can write "YHWH" on my forehead, but I can't really turn back time on the whole virginity thing. That, and I suppose I have to start following the lamb where ever he goes, too. Where is he right now? Heaven? How am I supposed to get to heaven if following him to heaven is a prerequisite for getting to heaven!?
29-04-2014, 01:55 PM
(12-03-2014 10:46 AM)john2 Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 10:28 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  General Catholic thinking is that most people will end up in heaven. This would be because you must choose to reject God and you can't reject something you don't really know about. They would be classified as having invincible ignorance.

Also I can't vote via cell phone so put me down for number three.

Yes I have heard this before. But doesn't the whole christian argument fail then? So a person can be an atheist and as long they never heard of Jesus and were a good person they can go to heaven? So why it can't that work for everyone? Why does god unnecessarily burden us with all these complex doctrines if there are loopholes. Atheist in heaven I'm glad I didn't know about Jesus. Atheist in hell dam it! A christian stopped to preach to me just a few hours before I got in a car wreck - now I'm stuck in hell thanks to them!" So are the above scenarios possible then?

It would make more sense for christians to keep their beliefs secret.
29-04-2014, 01:56 PM
(12-03-2014 01:13 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 10:28 AM)john2 Wrote:  Only 144,000!? So if you're a believer are you going to get like a heaven is full sign? What then hell or limbo?

Fact Confirmed.
[+] 1 user Likes Bible Belt Brawler's post
29-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Other...

Neither God, nor Hell exist.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
29-04-2014, 02:38 PM
(12-03-2014 12:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  No one is going to Hell. It doesn't exist.

Ever been in Toronto?