Poll: Will god send over 4 billion unbelievers to hell?
Yes, only by knowing Jesus can you go to heaven so god must send those people to hell.
No, god knows who is good or bad and will act accordingly - does not apply to atheists.
No, same as option 2 but extends to atheists
Other
[Show Results]

4 + billion people going to hell?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 03:59 PM
RE: 4 + billion people going to hell?
(12-03-2014 10:46 AM)john2 Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 10:28 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  General Catholic thinking is that most people will end up in heaven. This would be because you must choose to reject God and you can't reject something you don't really know about. They would be classified as having invincible ignorance.

Also I can't vote via cell phone so put me down for number three.

Yes I have heard this before. But doesn't the whole christian argument fail then? So a person can be an atheist and as long they never heard of Jesus and were a good person they can go to heaven? So why it can't that work for everyone? Why does god unnecessarily burden us with all these complex doctrines if there are loopholes. Atheist in heaven I'm glad I didn't know about Jesus. Atheist in hell dam it! A christian stopped to preach to me just a few hours before I got in a car wreck - now I'm stuck in hell thanks to them!" So are the above scenarios possible then?
Not exactly. The RCC says you have to be baptised, but there are also 3 types of baptism. The first is the traditional baptism typical done with infants. The second is "baptism of desire" where someone earnestly follows "the wrong" religion in literal ignorance of the "correct" one while genuinely desiring to properly follow God's teaching. The third is the "baptism of fire" where a person becomes a martyr fighting for God. So, you see, atheists don't fit in there anywhere. So it's a good thing it's all just nonsense. Tongue

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
29-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Has to be "other." It's the only option that encompasses "it's all a crock."

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
29-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Has anyone read the bible, heaven cant be much better then hell, less fire, more genital mutilation.
Ill get used to the heat.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
30-04-2014, 12:49 AM
Those pearly gates are pretty narrow.

Hell yeah, by far Most of the world's population will fry.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
03-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Since hell does not exist, no one is going there. If hell does exist I am not going there because I will remain here on earth where its fucking awesome! I will upload my conscientiousness to the Internet and Ascend into omnipotent, omnipresent state of being.
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
03-05-2014, 06:51 AM
(29-04-2014 02:38 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 12:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  No one is going to Hell. It doesn't exist.

Ever been in Toronto?

T.O. is fine - it's the 401 and QEW that are hell on earth. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2014, 08:45 AM
But he loves you[1]!

[1]

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
03-05-2014, 05:30 PM
We're forgetting the billions who have already lived. Even if the maitre d'ciel only started taking bookings after his publicity stunt 2000 years ago, the guest list is probably full by now and all 7 billion of us will have to go to McGodburgers instead.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
03-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Hell really exists. I'm in hell right now , my work is hell.Weeping
04-05-2014, 09:33 PM
(03-05-2014 05:30 PM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  We're forgetting the billions who have already lived. Even if the maitre d'ciel only started taking bookings after his publicity stunt 2000 years ago, the guest list is probably full by now and all 7 billion of us will have to go to McGodburgers instead.

I hear the #4 is fantastic at McGodburgers.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody