Poll: Will god send over 4 billion unbelievers to hell?
Yes, only by knowing Jesus can you go to heaven so god must send those people to hell.
No, god knows who is good or bad and will act accordingly - does not apply to atheists.
No, same as option 2 but extends to atheists
Other
[Show Results]

4 + billion people going to hell?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: 4 + billion people going to hell?
After your death you are just as likely to end up as a character in your favorite fictional story as you are to end up in the fictional hell of Dante.

Since hell is a fictional place and you'll be dead after you die, the odds of a non-existent you going to a fictional place are really really really low.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
04-05-2014, 11:08 PM
(03-05-2014 06:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 02:38 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Ever been in Toronto?

T.O. is fine - it's the 401 and QEW that are hell on earth. Yes

I have no idea what that means, but all I have to say is this: Fuck Ontario. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-05-2014, 11:22 PM
I've always wanted to go to Montreal.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
05-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Meh, there really isn't much of hell in the actual bible. I get its a part of the canon, but if you read the book its hardly mentioned, and the few times it is mentioned is not particularly clear if god exercising his wrath against people in this life or in the next. In Deuteronomy and other early books hell doesn't exist yet, so if god is pissed at you he messes with your life in the present tense, or for reasons that aren't clear, he might take it out on your kids or your grand kids or something.

This came up in kings and chronicles once or twice. There was a king the bible writers weren't to fond of, but he inconveniently did pretty well for himself, so when shit hit the fan later on down the line they blamed him and said god took it out on his grandson. I mean sure it does say in no uncertain terms in leviticus that the sins of the fathers are not the sins of the son, but w.e he's god right. The lake of fire and the eternal torture stuff not a strong theme in either new or old testament.
05-05-2014, 05:37 AM
(12-03-2014 10:23 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  According to mainstream Christian rhetoric, yes. Despite the fact that Christianity is the largest religion in the world (assuming you lump the Baptists, Roman Catholics, Lutherans, Pentecostals, Greek Orthodox, and a bunch of other groups who think the others are all wrong together into a single, nebulous group), they're still a minority compared to non-Christians. And, the most common means to get to heaven and avoid hell is accepting Jesus as your lord and savior.

So, on a generous interpretation, for every one soul YHWH makes, two go to hell. And that's not counting increasingly strict qualifications such as baptism, proper adherence, or arbitrary numbers, like only 144,000 making it into heaven.

Given the right sect, the Christians can be pretty exclusive among themselves!

Pope Francis has stated that atheists can go to heaven too. Phew. I was concerned about that.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
05-05-2014, 05:51 AM
(05-05-2014 05:37 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Pope Francis has stated that atheists can go to heaven too. Phew. I was concerned about that.

It seems funny that he'd try to bribe non-believers with a gift they don't believe in. Sort of the inverse of threatening them with hell.

The only reason I can think of him doing this is to make God appear less hateful and arbitrary. I'm assuming this stance is to keep younger people in the church, but I can't help but wonder how much of this is him trying to convince himself that his god isn't a capricious jerk.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
05-05-2014, 09:18 AM
(04-05-2014 11:22 PM)Charis Wrote:  I've always wanted to go to Montreal.

You'll love Montreal. I wasn't there very long but long enough to get a feel for the city.
Edmonton & Jasper is where I've spent most of my time. Vancouver is amazing too.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post