"40 Different Authors, 66 Books, Different Languages and Continents" Argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2016, 08:23 AM
RE: "40 Different Authors, 66 Books, Different Languages and Continents" Argument
(05-06-2016 08:06 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 07:55 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Of course anything that questions what you believe for no good reason has to be ignored.

Which, when considered rationally, calls the whole mess into question and makes it all unreliable unless you have a reliable way to discriminate. Of course, since even writings done for "honest reasons" may not be true so it isn't enough to determine the intentions of the writer. The claims must be matched against reality.

http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html
http://bibviz.com/
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_name.html

Not all are things that I would agree are actually contradictions but many are. It's what I'd expect from books written over a long time by different people with different agendas. It is not what I'd expect from writings with a single source providing guidance.

I wouldn't expect it to affect your faith (which is not a proper noun no matter how often you capitalize it) since you believe because of your personal psychosis.
Why yah gotta go callin people crazy? I wanted the ones you personally thought where discrepancies, not a link.

As far as the writings matching up; someone mentioned that the writings span 3 continents 40 writers, and 66 books and that they have the same message.

It goes much further than that though. The writings of all faithful seem to be pretty similar, not just the writings in the bible, and not just the writings of the abrahamic religions.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

All the writings of everyone, "faithful" of whatever jargon nondescript manner that is supposed to mean, or anyone else writing of most any style are pretty similar. Because we are all of the same species and of a mindset to the things there are basically just 7 essential conflicts all storytelling is rehashing in the same manners which different placesettings and focuses here or there.

But yes, morality tales have generally read like the same moralities plays in history since the early animalistic stories to the depictions of gods throwing other beings into volcanos.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
05-06-2016, 10:31 AM
RE: "40 Different Authors, 66 Books, Different Languages and Continents" Argument
(05-06-2016 08:06 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  As far as the writings matching up; someone mentioned that the writings span 3 continents 40 writers, and 66 books and that they have the same message.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti/Yowie/Almas/skunk Ape/Grassman/Wendigo/Orange Pendeck/Mapingauri/Yeren have been written about, and witnessed for many years WORLDWIDE. It MUST exist then, right?

2,000 years from now whatever form of human exists then will inevitably find all of these mentions of bigfoot worldwide, and will certainly exclaim "Bigfoot" existed! He must have, look at the copious amount of worldwide documentation of him. Rolleyes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-06-2016, 11:14 AM
(05-06-2016 08:06 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why yah gotta go callin people crazy?

I call you crazy because based on your posts I sincerely believe that you have some serious issues and need professional help.

Quote:I wanted the ones you personally thought where discrepancies, not a link.

I have no interest in discussing various contradictions with you. I was only explaining the "two fathers" reference that you asked about. Given that you cherry-pick what you read and don't actually appear to comprehend much of it anyway there is no way to have any sort of productive discussion.

Quote:As far as the writings matching up; someone mentioned that the writings span 3 continents 40 writers, and 66 books and that they have the same message.

Go read some from those links; they don't have a consistent message at all except when read with god goggles on so that you skin over all the stuff you can't explain and come up with inane interpretations of other parts to make it sound the way you want. The scriptures are a mess from start to finish.

Quote:It goes much further than that though. The writings of all faithful seem to be pretty similar, not just the writings in the bible, and not just the writings of the abrahamic religions.

Yes, you've said that before. Your ability to see only what you want to see and ignore what disagrees is legendary. You need help Pops. Get some.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
05-06-2016, 11:17 AM
(05-06-2016 11:14 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 08:06 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why yah gotta go callin people crazy?

I call you crazy because based on your posts I sincerely believe that you have some serious issues and need professional help.

Quote:I wanted the ones you personally thought where discrepancies, not a link.

I have no interest in discussing various contradictions with you. I was only explaining the "two fathers" reference that you asked about. Given that you cherry-pick what you read and don't actually appear to comprehend much of it anyway there is no way to have any sort of productive discussion.

Quote:As far as the writings matching up; someone mentioned that the writings span 3 continents 40 writers, and 66 books and that they have the same message.

Go read some from those links; they don't have a consistent message at all except when read with god goggles on so that you skin over all the stuff you can't explain and come up with inane interpretations of other parts to make it sound the way you want. The scriptures are a mess from start to finish.

Quote:It goes much further than that though. The writings of all faithful seem to be pretty similar, not just the writings in the bible, and not just the writings of the abrahamic religions.

Yes, you've said that before. Your ability to see only what you want to see and ignore what disagrees is legendary. You need help Pops. Get some.
Thanks; typical.

Peace