40 years to cross the desert?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2011, 07:56 PM
RE: 40 years to cross the desert?
(09-10-2011 07:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Granted. But only if their gait is considered in the navigation. Don't think it was. Wink

They certainly didn't make the trip, so the navigation issue is moot anyway. The Egyptians were master record keepers and they don't mention the Hebrews at all. People claim they were there under some other name at times, but the effort is weak at best. So arguably the second most important event in the Old Testament never happened.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2011, 08:07 PM
I've also heard the argument made that the egyptians never recorded losses, which is not only false but makes no sense when you think that they did love to embellish, especially when it came to the defeat of others, including neighbors. So why wouldn't one of the other egyptians of the time made mention of this defeat at the hands of some outside force?
I always wondered too why after having such evidence of a great god that obviously was greater than their gods having you know defeated the egyptians, there weren't any converts. If I was an egyptian sitting around in the hot desert sun praying to a god to stop all the fucking plagues and nothing happened, I'd certainly consider switching camps.
I have the answer to all of these riddles... The entire recorded history from the bible is complete and utter horseshit.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
09-10-2011, 08:14 PM
(09-10-2011 07:56 PM)Sines Wrote:  Or god was a dick. Really, 99% of the sucky crap in the bible can be justified with that one.

Alternatively, I could read the Bible with the same regard I give to Chaucer's CanterburyTales or the Brothers Grimm's fairy tales, or many others, as cautionary metaphorical lessons. They weren't intended to be historically accurate. That would've missed their point entirely.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
09-10-2011, 08:22 PM
(09-10-2011 08:07 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I've also heard the argument made that the egyptians never recorded losses, which is not only false but makes no sense when you think that they did love to embellish, especially when it came to the defeat of others, including neighbors. So why wouldn't one of the other egyptians of the time made mention of this defeat at the hands of some outside force?

This negation requires that they go back and expunge records that are literally set in stone in many cases. They don't have to just ignore the defeat, they have to rewrite history carved on monoliths.

In other words, they're being stupid again.
10-10-2011, 03:06 AM
(09-10-2011 08:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-10-2011 07:56 PM)Sines Wrote:  Or god was a dick. Really, 99% of the sucky crap in the bible can be justified with that one.

Alternatively, I could read the Bible with the same regard I give to Chaucer's CanterburyTales or the Brothers Grimm's fairy tales, or many others, as cautionary metaphorical lessons. They weren't intended to be historically accurate. That would've missed their point entirely.

Well, that's obviously the interpretation I take. I'm just saying that if this stuff actually HAD happened, the easiest explanation is that Yahweh like watching people suffer. And is a colossal dick. A singularity of prickery. The douchebag into which all other douchebags empty.

Which is kind of the funny thing about it all. For a supposedly all-powerful being, his evil is just so... petty. I mean, sure, torturing people forever for not sucking up to you was a pretty good idea, but it took him quite some time to get to that kind of evil. He spent a lot of time in the area of 'kill people to show how awesome I am'. With infinite power, and no morals, that's the best he could do, for four thousand years? Pathetic!
10-10-2011, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2011 02:35 PM by Thomas.)
All the Rabbi know the story of Exodus is 99% false. They are just trying to decide when to come out on it. A Rabbi in LA is out.

What actually happened was a leprosy outbreak in Canaan. A large group of early Israelites took off for Egypt to get away from it. Some had already contracted the disease. The Egyptians got word of the refugees and turned them back at the end of a spear. The wondering group was a leper coloney. Could have been 40 years, who knows? Manna from heaven? People feed the Lepers as they were often their relatives.

All good Jewish stories are full of BS with the Jews kicking someone's ass or getting the better of someone on a business arrangement. Because of this they have sometimes been the victims of their own propaganda. Jews know this as they can understand their own people's history. Christians try to take these stories literally and don't understand it from a Jewish perspective.
11-10-2011, 11:41 AM

(09-10-2011 07:56 PM)Sines Wrote:  If God can part the Red Sea, he can give Moses a damn compass.

He did (if you believe in him), read early genisis and i am sure it says something about a sun and a moon. Man has used that method to get from point a to point b for as long as there has been man.

The only thing thats NOT mentioned here, that could be a factor, is that all these free'd slaves are as dumb as door knockers. But even then, after about year...oh...lets say 15, you'd think someone would figure out the direction of the sun and moon.

D
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2011, 12:32 PM
The truth is in the archeological evidence, as in NONE.
The Israelis have been looking for the last 50 years
Christians from Europe 1,600 years.
NO Evidence of 2.3 million people spending 40 years there.
The old Jewish folktales were never intended to be taken literally, but when you're inventing a religion in 300AD Rome, you may not consider this point.
12-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Well, you see.. when you have God as your compass, you tend to walk in circles.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes daemonowner's post
13-10-2011, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2011 10:32 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
This is proof that God is a woman...

Because you know that after a few years, even a man will stop and ask for directions.
Which means that the only explanation is that god cannot give directions.