40 years to cross the desert?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: 40 years to cross the desert?
Revamping old threads makes me a sad panda. I thought all these old members had come back at once.

21:5 And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread."

21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died."

14:29 Your carcasses shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward which have murmured against me.

14:33 And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcases be wasted in the wilderness.

God didn't bring his people into the desert to free them or lead them anywhere. He brought them out there to gleefully torture them and watch them die. He basically kidnapped them in a van with promises of candy, and then once they were outside of city limits, the mood changed and they all realized the doors were locked from the outside.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
25-02-2013, 12:18 AM
(25-02-2013 12:01 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Revamping old threads makes me a sad panda. I thought all these old members had come back at once.

21:5 And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread."

21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died."

14:29 Your carcasses shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward which have murmured against me.

14:33 And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcases be wasted in the wilderness.

God didn't bring his people into the desert to free them or lead them anywhere. He brought them out there to gleefully torture them and watch them die. He basically kidnapped them in a van with promises of candy, and then once they were outside of city limits, the mood changed and they all realized the doors were locked from the outside.

Yeah, but at least in the OT, after God was done torturing and killing you he was finished with you. Once the dirt covered your body, that was it. It's not until 'Gentle Jesus Meek and Mild' in the NT that we get threats of eternal torture and damnation, funny how that works... Dodgy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
25-02-2013, 01:14 AM
The entire business is political mythology, used to enhance the position of one group of priests :
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...olden+Calf

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche