45 days till Deermageddon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2017, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2017 06:12 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: 45 days till Deermageddon
(25-09-2017 05:53 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(25-09-2017 05:49 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Long gun, ammo, fees, days off work, processing carcass... Meh.

The processing carcass part seems like a pain in the ass but it's got to be worth it for a freezer full of free meat.

So I'm not a hunter, I can't shoot worth shit, ain't got the patience, and don't want no kill rush, but if you're looking for someone to field dress the carcass and butcher the meat, I'm your Girly. They tell me I have an innate talent because I use mainly my hands and only go to the knife to cut the sinews and ligaments and crap when the muscle is fully isolated and ready to be finally separated. I get first choice and 10% of the meat, you get to watch. Big Grin

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2017, 06:17 AM
(25-09-2017 03:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It was very exciting reading about you sitting in your blind day after day without getting dick. Will it be as exciting this year? Wasn't the only one you bagged last season roadkill?

I ended up getting two does last year - but had to hunt a neighbors property...

I haven't been skunked ( except for a couple years stuck in a wheelchair) since the 90s..

Roadkill is just a bonus.

I've still got back straps in the freezer..

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-09-2017, 06:30 AM
(25-09-2017 05:49 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(25-09-2017 05:48 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  The only thing that appeals to me about hunting is the free food part. I am a little jealous about that.
Long gun, ammo, fees, days off work, processing carcass... Meh.

First off - guns can be resold - even at a profit if you do it right - so no cost there.

Ammo - I'm using a .357 mag single shot. I shoot only reloads. If I cast my bullets (and do) you're talking a few bucks a box of 50, and I will go through maybe a hundred rounds practicing. It's paid off practicing - I am shooting less than 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards.

Fees- yeah those suck - $91 for 2 buck and 2 doe tags, plus the base license which is good for small game.

Processing. I wouldn't trust anyone to do the job as well as I do. I shoot a deer, it's gutted and in the walk-in freezer within 2 hours. At a processing place, it might sit outside in the sun. You don't know. So no cost there.

Taking time off work. Huh?? This IS work. It's grocery shopping. With guns.

So figure worst case - two deer - averaging 50 lbs per deer. I'm under a buck per pound...

I can afford that...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-09-2017, 06:34 AM
(25-09-2017 06:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I'm not a hunter, I can't shoot worth shit, ain't got the patience, and don't want no kill rush, but if you're looking for someone to field dress the carcass and butcher the meat, I'm your Girly. They tell me I have an innate talent because I use mainly my hands and only go to the knife to cut the sinews and ligaments and crap when the muscle is fully isolated and ready to be finally separated. I get first choice and 10% of the meat, you get to watch. Big Grin

This reads, creepily, like a serial killer's description of how he gets rid of the bodies. Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-09-2017, 06:46 AM
(26-09-2017 06:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-09-2017 06:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I'm not a hunter, I can't shoot worth shit, ain't got the patience, and don't want no kill rush, but if you're looking for someone to field dress the carcass and butcher the meat, I'm your Girly. They tell me I have an innate talent because I use mainly my hands and only go to the knife to cut the sinews and ligaments and crap when the muscle is fully isolated and ready to be finally separated. I get first choice and 10% of the meat, you get to watch. Big Grin

This reads, creepily, like a serial killer's description of how he gets rid of the bodies. Blink

It is a lot of work. Best bet is a big gutpile where you dump the innards, hide and bones to be used as coyote bait.. You put that about 300 yards from the blind and keep an AR15 handy for whacking the yotes.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Less than that here.
Bear is open now.
Bowhunting deer opens tomorrow.
Muzzleloader/Crossbow 10/14
Regular 10/21

I'll be out there
And this is the first year my son is old enough to get his own tags.
http://adkhunter.com/wall-of-fame/

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
26-09-2017, 09:02 AM
I usually approach a whole group of them in one place. I look them over carefully to see which one I want to bring home for dinner. Then I grab one with my bare hands! And I load it into the grocery cart. Yeah, that's the closest I'm ever going to get to hunting. Tongue

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
26-09-2017, 10:11 AM
(26-09-2017 09:02 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I usually approach a whole group of them in one place. I look them over carefully to see which one I want to bring home for dinner. Then I grab one with my bare hands! And I load it into the grocery cart. Yeah, that's the closest I'm ever going to get to hunting. Tongue

If I could get venison at the grocery store, I ' d happily use your method....

I'd save a shitload of time and could get other stuff done..

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Good point. I've never seen venison in a grocery store now that you mention it.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
26-09-2017, 10:42 AM
(26-09-2017 10:24 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Good point. I've never seen venison in a grocery store now that you mention it.

Mom and Pop stores have it around here. The FDA rules are winked at. I have a butcher that carries buffalo and ostrich. Buffalo burgers are great.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user