45 posts and 0 arguments!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2017, 04:51 PM
RE: 45 posts and 0 arguments!
(01-08-2017 10:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 09:44 PM)Oaken Wrote:  I soo wanted that to be true but found that some of them had churches with 2000 people. I looked up their church pages. It was around this time I was noticing that

1) Narcissists are attracted to being pastors

2) Some people are attracted to narcissists

It started to make me bitter because the biggest jerks were having churches that were consistently growing. The NICE pastors were stuck doing house churches. It took years for my head and heart to understand that the Alpha male - Omega male thing was real. God and the holy spirit had nothing to do with what churches failed or succeeded, it was charisma and an insatiable need to be the high priest in the room.

I'll start a church with you. I'm really itching to gear up to go all militant Christian badass on the current lot of hypocritical money changers in the temple calling themselves Christian when they're just using it as cover for the fact they are assholes. Many of them do not even realize the ramifications and implications of the ethical and moral standards demanded by their prophet. Only thing holding me back from reminding them is whether or not it's even worth the effort. ... but if it's a tax deduction, Consider ... well then. Smile

Seriously, how much does it cost to start a church? It looks like I can start a non-profit 501(3c) or a PAC in my State of the Peoples Republic of Maryland for like a couple $K in registration fees. I wonder if there are any costs or benefits with registering as a church?

What would you and Oaken call it? Church of the GirlyManOaken or GMO for short?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-08-2017, 05:16 PM
(02-08-2017 04:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Church of the GirlyManOaken or GMO for short?
Sounds good to me

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
02-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Hey Oaken, I see you have more than 45 posts. Dodgy Care to discuss?

Laugh out load I so funny!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
02-08-2017, 07:04 PM
(02-08-2017 06:31 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Hey Oaken, I see you have more than 45 posts. Dodgy Care to discuss?

Laugh out load I so funny!

Somebody fed me after midnight.

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Oaken's post
02-08-2017, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2017 07:37 PM by Oaken.)
(02-08-2017 04:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 10:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'll start a church with you. I'm really itching to gear up to go all militant Christian badass on the current lot of hypocritical money changers in the temple calling themselves Christian when they're just using it as cover for the fact they are assholes. Many of them do not even realize the ramifications and implications of the ethical and moral standards demanded by their prophet. Only thing holding me back from reminding them is whether or not it's even worth the effort. ... but if it's a tax deduction, Consider ... well then. Smile

Seriously, how much does it cost to start a church? It looks like I can start a non-profit 501(3c) or a PAC in my State of the Peoples Republic of Maryland for like a couple $K in registration fees. I wonder if there are any costs or benefits with registering as a church?

What would you and Oaken call it? Church of the GirlyManOaken or GMO for short?

I see how this goes. You want YOUR name first? AngrySmile How about OakenGirlyMan? OGM stands for OUT GOING MESSAGE. We could have a church recording with God saying "Hey, this is God, I'm not here right now but....who am I kidding. I never WAS here!"

How about CoffeeMessiah? I used to frequent a coffee place named that.

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
02-08-2017, 07:34 PM
I think you need to shuffle those initials around to be OMG.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
02-08-2017, 07:39 PM
(02-08-2017 07:34 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I think you need to shuffle those initials around to be OMG.

Since it will really be ManlyGirl running the whole thing, as always (long live the matriarchy, eh, Girly? Rolleyes ), it's a done deal.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
02-08-2017, 07:40 PM
(02-08-2017 04:37 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 10:19 AM)Vera Wrote:  ...The question is, can we separate the art from the artist and enjoy the former even if the latter is a vile POS?

In my case, at least, the answer is a rather resounding no.

Yeah I agree, but it's tough, or maybe impossible, to be too systematic about it (for me anyway). It's like two lines: A line for how intensely I enjoy the entertainment, and a line for how awful the behavior of the entertainer is, and somewhere on my rubber chicken graph those two lines intersect. If it's a song I really enjoy, it's going to take a real asshole before I would not listen to the song. Sports on the other hand, I enjoy but I'm not real invested in it so I would have no trouble ignoring a team that had a rep for players that abuse women or are dicks in general.

Controlling what I pay for entertainment is way easier than controlling what I actually consume...I'm not going to financially support an ass.

Yep. I find it entirely easy not to shop at Hobby Lobby. But Chick-Fil-A calls out to me...... "eat me....Eat Me.....EAT ME..." And I pass by it several times a week so it makes it tough.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
02-08-2017, 08:12 PM
Christian forums are the worst man. Sad Catholic Answers and Phatmass were both pretty darn toxic, ditto with Fish Eaters. Now you make me want to browse Pastors.net.... Wink

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
02-08-2017, 08:23 PM
(02-08-2017 07:40 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 04:37 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Yeah I agree, but it's tough, or maybe impossible, to be too systematic about it (for me anyway). It's like two lines: A line for how intensely I enjoy the entertainment, and a line for how awful the behavior of the entertainer is, and somewhere on my rubber chicken graph those two lines intersect. If it's a song I really enjoy, it's going to take a real asshole before I would not listen to the song. Sports on the other hand, I enjoy but I'm not real invested in it so I would have no trouble ignoring a team that had a rep for players that abuse women or are dicks in general.

Controlling what I pay for entertainment is way easier than controlling what I actually consume...I'm not going to financially support an ass.

Yep. I find it entirely easy not to shop at Hobby Lobby. But Chick-Fil-A calls out to me...... "eat me....Eat Me.....EAT ME..." And I pass by it several times a week so it makes it tough.

I know! I work with developmentally disabled adults and I hate it when they say they want to go to Chick-Fil-A. I find myself offering up KFC, Ezell's Chicken and when that doesn't work I start recommending Mod Pizza. Nope. When they get their mind fixed on something it is like crazy-glue stuck. One day I was fiercely hungry and decided to have some Chick-Fil-A with my client. It was so damned good, but a part of me felt like I was a Muslim eating pork. I told my friend after I needed to beg the Flying Spaghetti Monster for forgiveness.

[+] 2 users Like Oaken's post