45 posts and 0 arguments!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2017, 07:03 PM
RE: 45 posts and 0 arguments!
Fireball, once someone in Sweden took about an hour to explain to me the rules of curling, in great detail. Don't remember a thing. Was interesting though. Same happened with cricket. Also in Sweden (different person though).

I hate sprinters because it's fucking boring, requires absolutely no skill other than putting one leg in front of the other real fast. And they show those bastards for like 70% of time, unlike the REAL athletes like the decathlon guys. Several excruciating DAYS of TEN different disciplines sure don't hold a candle to running for how long? Ten bloody SECONDS. Dodgy

Either way, if all you have going for you is physical strength, let me reiterate - I shudder to think of a humanity based on that. We'd still be living in caves, killing mammoths. Granted, we might be able to fell them with a single blow, but so what?

I am with Ingersoll: "The ages of muscle and miracle - of fists and faith - are passing away." And good riddance. They cannot pass away soon enough Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
(03-08-2017 07:03 PM)Vera Wrote:  Fireball, once someone in Sweden took about an hour to explain to me the rules of curling, in great detail. Don't remember a thing. Was interesting though. Same happened with cricket. Also in Sweden (different person though).

I hate sprinters because it's fucking boring, requires absolutely no skill other than putting one leg in front of the other real fast. And they show those bastards for like 70% of time, unlike the REAL athletes like the decathlon guys. Several excruciating DAYS of TEN different disciplines sure don't hold a candle to running for how long? Ten bloody SECONDS. Dodgy

Either way, if all you have going for you is physical strength, let me reiterate - I shudder to think of a humanity based on that. We'd still be living in caves, killing mammoths. Granted, we might be able to fell them with a single blow, but so what?

I am with Ingersoll: "The ages of muscle and miracle - of fists and faith - are passing away." And good riddance. They cannot pass away soon enough Dodgy

Gasp [deletes PM to Vera containing pics showing self flexing muscles]
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
03-08-2017, 08:05 PM
(03-08-2017 07:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  [deletes PM to Vera containing pics showing self flexing muscles]

[Image: th_whew.gif]

That was a close one, eh?

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-08-2017, 10:23 PM
(03-08-2017 08:05 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 07:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  [deletes PM to Vera containing pics showing self flexing muscles]

[Image: th_whew.gif]

Angry So, you don't want to see my bee sting biceps? Hobo
03-08-2017, 11:06 PM
(03-08-2017 10:23 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 08:05 PM)Vera Wrote:  [Image: th_whew.gif]

Angry So, you don't want to see my bee sting biceps? Hobo

I know I wanna see them now.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-08-2017, 09:15 AM
(03-08-2017 10:23 PM)Fireball Wrote:  So, you don't want to see my bee sting biceps?

Have mercy on me, guys, I am but a weak woman... and there's only so much big, strong manly man I can endure...

... and seeing as there's one here, convinced the only reason I came to Rio after 6 years is to sleep with him *and* I'm finishing my quota of non-dumb books for the year and have another steaming pile of big-strong-manly-man crap to deal with (in one of the worst ones, the big strong men are also amateur boxers *and* volunteer firefighters *and* single dads and can you CRAM even more cliches into a single book?! And then do the exact same thing and book and cliches, but give it another title? Censored )

Where was I? Ah, yeah - nothing like a big strong man in a (white) wifebeater. Nothing as repulsive, I meant Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
06-08-2017, 10:14 PM
I love it here too. Plus I can do this... Banana_zorro
[+] 1 user Likes goldenarm's post
07-08-2017, 10:13 AM
goldenarm, there is a thread here you will love... I'm not sure if you've seen it or not, so...

The Thinking Atheist Forum › Entertainment and The Rest › This, That, and The Other Thing v
Add the Dancing Banana

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams