4th grade "science" quiz makes me want to wretch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Thumbs Down 4th grade "science" quiz makes me want to wretch
This story just recently broke about a quiz given in a science class which contains absolutely no science. Even though it clearly refers to the Bible, the quiz is primarily focused on the not-appearing-in-this-book dinosaurs.

[Image: TYpLJpOh.jpg%22]
[Image: quiz2.jpg]

Read the full article.

Congratulations to Ken Ham for making our children young Earth morons.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: 4th grade "science" quiz makes me want to wretch
We are becoming the laughing stock of the planet.

What happens when this child leaves parochial/christian schools and goes to a legit college? Will this kid even be accepted into a university if this is what they believe to be true?

One thing that might happen is an incredible resentment of their parents for promoting and teaching this bullshit. A few years from now they might be on this board looking for sanity.

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-05-2013, 08:52 PM
I posted the story on this 2 weeks ago...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ience-quiz

Some members didn't think it was real. I guess something so stupid would be hard to accept as being real. It's like a real life example of Poe's Law.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
09-05-2013, 09:03 PM
I was about to ask where he got those pics, & if that's legit ghostexorist!!!!! If it is...that's....it's.....hold on let me look for the "violently throwing up face"...nvm! I'm wincing!! It's so fucking stupid it HURTS!!!

09-05-2013, 09:11 PM
(09-05-2013 08:52 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I posted the story on this 2 weeks ago...

Some members didn't think it was real. I guess something so stupid would be hard to accept as being real. It's like a real life example of Poe's Law.

You certainly did, I guess I missed that. Although the article that you linked to was a little thinner in content, it definitely had the same quotes.

Legitimate or fake, I'm certain that overly trusting children are being taught bullshit under the guise of science in some American schools.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
09-05-2013, 10:32 PM
(09-05-2013 09:11 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 08:52 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I posted the story on this 2 weeks ago...

You certainly did, I guess I missed that. Although the article that you linked to was a little thinner in content, it definitely had the same quotes.

Legitimate or fake, I'm certain that overly trusting children are being taught bullshit under the guise of science in some American schools.

They certainly are. My only contention with that statement is that the word "school" is a very vague term in 'Merica. Many are home "schooled", and there are plenty of independently funded christian schools that are free to teach whatever their little religions desire.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
12-05-2013, 07:44 PM
“Science” quiz Laughat

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
13-05-2013, 05:46 PM
(09-05-2013 08:38 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  This story just recently broke about a quiz given in a science class which contains absolutely no science. Even though it clearly refers to the Bible, the quiz is primarily focused on the not-appearing-in-this-book dinosaurs.

[Image: TYpLJpOh.jpg%22]
[Image: quiz2.jpg]

Read the full article.

Congratulations to Ken Ham for making our children young Earth morons.
Definitely quite irritating. But, on the flip side, this probably went on in schools long before the internet existed and, now that the internet is here, it's getting exposed. Laughat A child probably brought it home to a free thinking parent who then made it public. I'm hoping this happens more and more until all these deceptions are exposed.

That's why it's also important for all of us to keep speaking out. The more people see others speaking out, the more they will consider exposing trash like this when they see it.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
14-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Like I said in the other topic... definitely fake.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
14-05-2013, 07:29 AM
(14-05-2013 07:26 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Like I said in the other topic... definitely fake.

You are right, it's not a science quiz. The article says it's basically a questionnaire that the children filled out after watching a Ken Ham DVD.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user