4th grade "science" quiz makes me want to wretch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: 4th grade "science" quiz makes me want to wretch
There are 2 threads on this topic...in the other one are some other photo's of other items. While this one particular item might be a fake there are mountains of similar items being distributed. There was a point where I was seriously considering home schooling my children- I spent a lot of time in teacher's stores, home schooling stores, reading online reviews of curricula. These places are FILLED with this exact sort of thing. FILLED!!

Just the other day my daughter was working on a project on the circulatory system. We found this http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h0PJbtiVdsQ/Tl...iagram.jpg

it just sickens me.

there were other photos on the other thread from a homeschool catalog.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2013, 08:19 AM
This is NOT fake...this was a private school in South Carolina in their science class....My wife and I live near the school and a friend of ours actually had a child go to that school. As soon as she saw this, last year, she yanked her child from the school and placed him in a public school....the kid is still brainwashed though. Apparently, she isn't the first person to pull a child from the class for this test....she told us that the test was given each year since the creation mueseum opened, and that it is in their curriculum...If i can find the picture of their science "textbook" I'll link it, but it's prolly forever lost on my wife's facebook page.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
[+] 1 user Likes Likos02's post
14-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Re: 4th grade "science" quiz makes me want to wretch
That's worse than I thought.

I thought this was just going to be a quiz like that bad one saying which planet is closest to the Earth that was faulty.
14-05-2013, 04:00 PM
My son is currently home schooling. He is 12 and we chose this route due to his Asperger's. It certainly seemed benign at first. We liked not having to deal with the school and the bullying. Public school can be hard for children within the autism spectrum.

But the other day my wife informs me she was reading a quiz he was to take for History and there were questions about Adam & Eve and Jesus. One question boldly asks if Jesus was resurrected from the dead. The expected answer: True.

He's lucky he has secular parents to help him through this. However, so far it hasn't reached the level shown in this thread. There have been maybe 2-3 points that have disturbed us. We were shocked at first. But when we mentioned it to folks we know their responses were along the lines of "Sure, but that's homeschooling for ya!"

Trolled again by a persistent Bronze Age myth.
14-05-2013, 04:10 PM
I've been following this and sadly, it seems as though it is real. I'm not familiar with the school systems in the US, but is there no Standard Curriculum for grade 4 Science in South Carolina? If there is, why haven't I heard anything about the State investigation?

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
14-05-2013, 04:17 PM
(14-05-2013 04:00 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  But the other day my wife informs me she was reading a quiz he was to take for History and there were questions about Adam & Eve and Jesus. One question boldly asks if Jesus was resurrected from the dead. The expected answer: True.

Who provided the material? Is this from the public school system? That pisses me off dude!

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
14-05-2013, 04:20 PM
(14-05-2013 08:11 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  There are 2 threads on this topic...in the other one are some other photo's of other items. While this one particular item might be a fake there are mountains of similar items being distributed. There was a point where I was seriously considering home schooling my children- I spent a lot of time in teacher's stores, home schooling stores, reading online reviews of curricula. These places are FILLED with this exact sort of thing. FILLED!!

Just the other day my daughter was working on a project on the circulatory system. We found this http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h0PJbtiVdsQ/Tl...iagram.jpg

it just sickens me.

there were other photos on the other thread from a homeschool catalog.

Holy rectum! These people are undermining the future of the next generation.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
14-05-2013, 04:34 PM
(14-05-2013 04:17 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 04:00 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  But the other day my wife informs me she was reading a quiz he was to take for History and there were questions about Adam & Eve and Jesus. One question boldly asks if Jesus was resurrected from the dead. The expected answer: True.

Who provided the material? Is this from the public school system? That pisses me off dude!

My wife organized this. I can barely organize my day. If you're interested or want to see photos of the materials I can ask when I get home tonight.
14-05-2013, 04:41 PM
(14-05-2013 04:34 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 04:17 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Who provided the material? Is this from the public school system? That pisses me off dude!

My wife organized this. I can barely organize my day. If you're interested or want to see photos of the materials I can ask when I get home tonight.

No thanks, I don't want to go ballistic tonight, I've had enough things happen lately that have stressed me out.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-05-2013, 04:50 PM
(14-05-2013 04:34 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 04:17 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Who provided the material? Is this from the public school system? That pisses me off dude!

What about the curriculum– the guidelines, state requirements, etc.– who determines the specific lessons and such? One can't just create their own lesson plan out of thin air can they? If so, you could teach that the Earth is flat, geocentrism, faked moon landings, etc. as actual facts. I've never sought out home-schooling as an option, so I don't know the protocols.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post