07-04-2015, 01:37 AM
5 Stupid Things for April 6, 2015

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-04-2015, 04:15 AM
RE: 5 Stupid Things for April 6, 2015
Sorry but had to quit watching when the smarmy little fucked broad stroked all firearm carriers as pussies afraid of the world. I personally don't carry a concealed weapon myself as I am not a likely target, but I'd encourage all women to get SDA license.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
07-04-2015, 04:34 AM
(07-04-2015 04:15 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Sorry but had to quit watching when the smarmy little fucked broad stroked all firearm carriers as pussies afraid of the world. I personally don't carry a concealed weapon myself as I am not a likely target, but I'd encourage all women to get SDA license.

So the small pool of students advocating for concealed firearms to be permitted on college campuses are now representative of all firearm carriers?

Imagine that... Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-04-2015, 04:40 AM
I'll watch it again but I didn't get the idea that he was only referencing those advocating campus conceal carry.
07-04-2015, 04:41 AM
(07-04-2015 04:40 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I'll watch it again but I didn't get the idea that he was only referencing those advocating campus conceal carry.

What, with the image of a revolver stuffed into a backpack in the background? The comment speculating about them wanting to show off on campus?

07-04-2015, 04:52 AM
I feel kinda stupid here but your first reply led me to believe you disagreed with me, and your last that you now agree. Maybe its the insomnia but I'm officially confused as shit.
07-04-2015, 04:59 AM
(07-04-2015 01:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Fuck yeah, Steve Shives! Love that guy.

And Stuffy too

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
07-04-2015, 05:40 AM
(07-04-2015 04:52 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I feel kinda stupid here but your first reply led me to believe you disagreed with me, and your last that you now agree. Maybe its the insomnia but I'm officially confused as shit.

I enjoy satire, and I especially enjoy Steve Shives. That being said, I don't expect everyone to agree with everything he says, and to expect otherwise would be silly. But I take umbrage with misrepresenting what he said. I have no problem with you or anyone else not enjoying his work, or not thinking the bit was funny; but I do have a problem when someone takes offense to what they think he said, instead of what he actually said.

Now I didn't get the impression that he was lampooning all gun owners, just the students pressing to allow concealed carry under the pretense of preventing rape (ignoring of course that guns can just as easily be used to abet rape as prevent it). I went back and re-watched the video to double check, because maybe I had remembered the segment incorrectly and he had in fact threw the entire gun owner community under the bus; I am by no means infallible. But alas, it only reinforced my original impression that he was making light of a very specific subsection of gun owners, and within a very laughable set of circumstances as well.

07-04-2015, 05:49 AM
Yea, you're not gonna prevent rape with a gun in a back pack and its an asinine excuse to push a position, but that's kinda what America has become.

In general though, I think carry conceal is a good thing. I view a gun as a tool, and I get that not everybody does. I find the "guns make me a badass" types to be equally annoying as the "all guns are evil" type. I have a shotgun for home protection and a pistol (sometimes) in my car. I'm the type that will pick up a stranger needing a ride but I also like to have a way out in case I just picked up a serial killer.
07-04-2015, 05:55 AM
(07-04-2015 05:49 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Yea, you're not gonna prevent rape with a gun in a back pack and its an asinine excuse to push a position, but that's kinda what America has become.

In general though, I think carry conceal is a good thing. I view a gun as a tool, and I get that not everybody does. I find the "guns make me a badass" types to be equally annoying as the "all guns are evil" type. I have a shotgun for home protection and a pistol (sometimes) in my car. I'm the type that will pick up a stranger needing a ride but I also like to have a way out in case I just picked up a serial killer.

Which is perfectly reasonable, but being reasonable isn't always funny. Tongue