5 year old explains to her atheist father that god and heaven are real

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2012, 08:04 PM
RE: 5 year old explains to her atheist father that god and heaven are real
I can already imagine the religious response to this: "Why can't those devil worshipin heathen aytheeists see da wurld threw a childs eyes, she see's the truth!!111"

Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2012, 12:46 AM
(30-04-2012 08:04 PM)angry-santa Wrote:  I can already imagine the religious response to this: "Why can't those devil worshipin heathen aytheeists see da wurld threw a childs eyes, she see's the truth!!111"

Evil_monster
She also sees pink ponies and sandy clause.

But yeah you're absolutely right. But hey, they have so little evidence as it is they have to quickly grab onto anything they can get their hands on.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
01-05-2012, 06:22 AM
(30-04-2012 12:44 PM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  That's pretty much the world I live in. My 8 year old got baptized yesterday. Yes, it is painful.
My son did as well and so will my daughter. My wife believes, I no longer do. I view it as a cultural thing. It was done to me and all my family as well. My family was never devout, kind of like believe what you want deal.

To be quite honest, I'm not militant at all. I'm only militant to devout people who get really preachy. If my kid ends up the type of believer like KingsChosen or my buddy, I wouldn't mind at all. Though I will be debating them for sure lol.

Side note:

My 20mo son is starting to show interest in the night sky. He says "Appa (Korean for papa), *points at the sky* MOOOOON? Liiiights???". I almost got teary-eyed lol. I have plans to take astronomy classes with him Smartass

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like NoahsFarce's post
01-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Please make it a point to teach her about all of the religions. That's a good way to give a child perspective.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
01-05-2012, 07:07 AM
(01-05-2012 06:44 AM)lightninlives Wrote:  Please make it a point to teach her about all of the religions. That's a good way to give a child perspective.
Impossible to avoid as we are a multi-cultural family. In order for my kids to learn about their ethnic mix (Korean/Filippino), they will have to learn about the countries. In this education of their heritage, they will discover that at least in Korea, religion is quite mixed. On top of that, they live in America so they will be seeing all these religions on TV.

It is not religion that I want to teach them though. I want to ignite their passion for curiosity and discovery. I want to teach them to question everything. It's this type of mind that will add to the human race.

But if they become artists, I'll still love them the same Big Grin

I currently let my son explore and experiment. As long as he's not being a danger to himself, I let him be. Lately this means that he's constantly drumming with his hands or utensils on everything.

Edit: Basically put, I want them to not be a cop-out like me. One of my biggest regrets in life is not pursuing Astronomy because I feared the math. I will certainly tackle this later in life when I have the means.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson