500 Years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2016, 04:02 AM
500 Years
... and they are still not over it.

So next year is going to be an interesting one for our Christian friends... the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther's "fuck you": Ninety-Five Theses

I'm having a conversation with an Indonesian Catholic indoctrinator teacher. Bear in mind that Indonesia is officially an Islamic country although they have secular-style leaders and non-theistic intellectuals in the main cities...

So pretty much like Pakistan except in Karachi they all carry guns and advise whities, like me, to not go out alone at night. Can you imagine living in that kind of culture where open-carry is normal? Bizarre, right?

Only one region (Aceh; pronounced Atch-eh) has Sharia and the other regions think the people there are a bit weird and have kinda given up on them.

Anyway, due to mainly language issues, he's not picking up on any of my subtle provocations and simply thinks he needs to educate me about his church. He's sending me links and stuff and this one is actually quite interesting (not at all exciting) in that it gives insight into the catholic mindset.

It seems that there is a desire to sort out what he calls 'justification':

[all sic]
ME:
That will me take me a while read. I'll get back to you. It's interesting to see reference to next year, 2017. 500 years since Martin Luther's 95 Theses and humanity's first steps towards intellectual freedom ... that should be a big celebration.

HIM:
yes it will be. it is about justification

ME:
Justification of what?

HIM:
justification in catholic teaching and protestant teaching

for catholic : the human will get justification according to faith and action

for protestant the human will get justification according to faith only. they think by believing God, the christian straight go to heaven after death

protestant doesn't have the book of st. james in the bible, and also deutronomy

catholic has deutronomy canon in the bible

many doctrines and dogma or tarditions were changed by martin luther
[yes, sic "tarditions"... some typos are just priceless!]

ME:
Ooooh! I see. The old argument about getting into heaven through right beliefs or right beliefs/actions. So funny.

And Deuteronomy is in all bibles.

HIM:
yes, but many interpretator said that acctually the christian misunderstand what the former haad taught

based on book of Roman

the book of saint paul to people in Rome about justification

----

It's just so bizarre when you just want to scream "Don't you realise it's all bullshit!" and quote DD:

[Image: 49546-atheists-are-arrogant-meme.jpg]

Anyway, I'll keep plugging away in this case because this guy is not just a victim but also a victim-creator (like Typhoid Mary).

I've been trying the Street Epistemology techniques but he seems not to comprehend the questions.

This one's going to be tough to crack!

Rolleyes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
15-04-2016, 05:25 AM
RE: 500 Years
(15-04-2016 04:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  many doctrines and dogma or tarditions were changed by martin luther
[yes, sic "tarditions"... some typos are just priceless!]

He's probably thinking about the tradition of perdition

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
25-04-2016, 07:20 AM
''tardition'' cracked me up. im going to go out of my way to use that in the future.
25-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Catlicker nonsense
The pope and the Vatican
Matthew 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
(Verse 8 tells that the pope is nobody's master. Verse 9: The word "pope" means "father")

2nd Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2nd Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2nd Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

1st Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1st Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1st Timothy 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats , which God hath created to be received
(Celibate priests and meat-less Fridays)

2nd Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2nd Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God , or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God , shewing himself that he is God.

Revelation 18:4: And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
(Leave the FALSE church, NOW!)

Revelation 17:5: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
[...]
Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains , on which the woman sitteth.
(Rome is situated on seven hills)

1st Timothy 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
1st Timothy 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife , vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
[...]
1st Timothy 3:12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife , ruling their children and their own houses well.
(Bishops (including popes) and deacons are allowed to marry (compare Timothy 4:1-3, quoted above).)

Titus 1:6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife , having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
Titus 1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-04-2016, 03:21 PM
(25-04-2016 07:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Catlicker nonsense
Imagine being a good little Catholic boy and asking why do we call the priest Father, why is Mary still called virgin when she other kids, why does the Bible say priests can get married, etc.
28-04-2016, 08:04 PM
(25-04-2016 03:21 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 07:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Catlicker nonsense
Imagine being a good little Catholic boy and asking why do we call the priest Father, why is Mary still called virgin when she other kids, why does the Bible say priests can get married, etc.

"Silence!"

*whack!*

Hobo

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
28-04-2016, 08:33 PM
(28-04-2016 08:04 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 03:21 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Imagine being a good little Catholic boy and asking why do we call the priest Father, why is Mary still called virgin when she other kids, why does the Bible say priests can get married, etc.

"Silence!"

*whack!*

Hobo
Well, they didn't hit me. My dad's family were from Ireland. They knew I'd hit back. But the priest had a nice way of explaining it. "Stop asking so many questions!" My mom did agree with me on the virgin thing. She explained the Catholic excuse--um, "truth" about that.
28-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Quote:Can you imagine living in that kind of culture where open-carry is normal?

Sounds like Texas.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!