500 people fired from The Department of Veterans Affairs (US)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2017, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 06:44 PM by DLJ.)
500 people fired from The Department of Veterans Affairs (US)
So yeah, over hearing politic talks down stairs, heard that Trump fired over 500 people and 200 suspended for misconduct.

Va Under Trump Admin Fires 500

Quote:The VA’s accountability report released Friday noted that the agency removed 526 employees, suspended 194 employees for more than two weeks, and demoted 27 employees.

Quote:The agency also fired convicted felons and sex offenders who worked as housekeeping aides and food service workers.

That second one reminds me of a boy who, found drinking at a young age due to a stupid decision, the lady in charge for Work Study at my college kept belittling him. He tried to apply for several work study positions and she kept saying 'That might be too hard for you' keep in mind he's a big guy, got some muscle on him. Yet he kept trying to better himself from his mistakes. Wouldn't you know it, she's leader of the Republican Club at my school. (And she has done that same to others who she sees are 'criminals' at the school, hardly making time for them among other things.)

I have no idea how it's relevant to force people, who they allow a shorter bail should they 'find God' in jail, then to fire them from their jobs later on. The article doesn't give much info as to why they were fired, just that they were for some one or two reasons they give. But, I have a feeling that isn't the whole story.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2017, 02:53 PM
RE: 500 people fried at the VA?
500 people fried at the VA?

Holy shit Blink

Oh you meant fired, well that's bad too I guess.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 5 users Like unsapien's post
12-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Some of the misconduct they cite in the article sounds pretty shocking though...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-07-2017, 03:02 PM
He said he would clean up the VA and take care of veterans. He's doing just that.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
12-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Hmmmmmm....

Fried.

Signed

Hannibal Lechter
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Fried? Maybe they just got a really bad collective sunburn Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-07-2017, 03:24 PM
(12-07-2017 03:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  He said he would clean up the VA and take care of veterans. He's doing just that.

I'll believe that when he gets a bill through Congress (which his part dominates) that actually provides more funding to take care of veterans, instead of just one that allows people to be fired more easily. Something the Democrats keep trying to do and the Republicans keep voting down in droves. Like when 41 Republican Senators voted against the Comprehensive Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act of 2014. Or how they voted down, in January, Senator Tester's Amendment to allow veterans easier access to VA benefits. Now it's good if he fired people who were corrupt and needed fired, not going to dispute that. However, he now has to fill those positions again, because a mass firing creates vacuums in healthcare for veterans.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
12-07-2017, 03:30 PM
(12-07-2017 03:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  He said he would clean up the VA and take care of veterans. He's doing just that.

He said he would ... Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2017, 03:53 PM
(12-07-2017 03:30 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

He said he would ... Facepalm

Clarify your response.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
12-07-2017, 03:55 PM
(12-07-2017 02:53 PM)unsapien Wrote:  500 people fried at the VA?

Holy shit Blink

Oh you meant fired, well that's bad too I guess.

Laugh out load Sorry, my computer is mean to me with auto correct. (if that is I mes up. Tongue )

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin