50th Anniversary of school prayer ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2012, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 11:22 AM by FaceOfBoe.)
50th Anniversary of school prayer ban
Today is the 50th anniversary of a landmark US Supreme Court decision saying it was establishing religion to have school sponsored prayer in school.

I enjoy reading the fundie websites on this day, as they are all aghast that someone would not believe in their christ.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/today-ma...e-history/

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2012, 11:17 AM
RE: 50th Anniversary of ban
It does make on chuckle Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
25-06-2012, 11:18 AM
This is Glenn Beck's site. Very religious followers there.
I love this thread. People lamenting that 50% of Americans would vote for an Atheist.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/more-tha...would-you/

26-06-2012, 07:26 AM
RE: 50th Anniversary of school prayer ban
Quote:Look, we’ve already tried the CON-ARTIST DOPE in the WH, we sure don’t need another unintelligent, self-centered hotshot. Anyone who canNOT admit the existence of a CREATOR is just not smart enough to run this Country. They CAN NEVER prove that we were NOT created by a CREATOR, because we have incredible information proving there is.
A person who refuses to acknowledge the existence of GOD is immature and we all know what that is like now. I’m sorry that our “GOBMENT” has thought it was PC to deny GOD’S words/existent in our schools and public life. It’s OUR FAULT. WE are the GOBMENT but we ‘got busy’ and let probably well-meaning but totally incorrect people take over the reigns. They have fallen all over themselves trying to “make this life be comfortable’…trying to remove any obstacle …NOT UNDERSTANDING of course that the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE Created and LOVES each one of us (hence our individual fingerprints; eye Irish configuration – NO ONE else has the same fingerprint etc ) and obstacles are required to build character and to learn from. LEFT ALONE these “do-gooder, bleeding heart” liberals would succeed in creating a muddy colored, tasteless, creative-less, meaningless life.
SO, NOT JUST NO but HELL NO would I ever vote for someone who could even begin to believe there is no GOD.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
26-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Incidentially, I saw the episode of Family Guy, Not all dogs go to heaven where Brian came out as an Atheist. Very funny stuff when everyone shunned him. Well, not actually funny, but kind of frightening.

26-06-2012, 01:22 PM
(25-06-2012 11:18 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  This is Glenn Beck's site. Very religious followers there.
I love this thread. People lamenting that 50% of Americans would vote for an Atheist.

There is a poll at the bottom asking if someone would vote for an atheist presidential candidate. The results are hilarious:

Quote:Absolutely: 79.6% (11,433 votes)

No way: 19.06% (2,737 votes)

I'm in the middle on this one: 1.34% (193 votes)

Total Votes: 14,363

And this is supposed to be Glenn Becks' site? I guess he has more liberal followers than he thinks.
26-06-2012, 01:24 PM
I wish their was a ban on church's. I would love to see that day.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
26-06-2012, 06:53 PM
(26-06-2012 01:22 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(25-06-2012 11:18 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  This is Glenn Beck's site. Very religious followers there.

There is a poll at the bottom asking if someone would vote for an atheist presidential candidate. The results are hilarious:

Quote:Absolutely: 79.6% (11,433 votes)

No way: 19.06% (2,737 votes)

I'm in the middle on this one: 1.34% (193 votes)

Total Votes: 14,363

And this is supposed to be Glenn Becks' site? I guess he has more liberal followers than he thinks.
Usually when that stuff happens I end up seeing it on reddit lol. Reddit LOOOOVES polls.
26-06-2012, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2012 07:32 PM by Thomas.)
I told everyone, if we stop throwing virgins in the volcano something bad will happen and they all called me crazy.
Remember Mt St. Helens? .... Who's crazy now? Laughat

If your prophecy doesn't come true, just change the date.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
27-06-2012, 03:36 AM
(26-06-2012 01:24 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I wish their was a ban on church's. I would love to see that day.
As would I, but...

From Wikipedia:
Quote: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
However, I do plan to run once I'm old enough. I certainly will help make religion smaller.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]