55 Die In Today's Explosions...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2013, 12:01 PM
RE: 55 Die In Today's Explosions...
(16-04-2013 11:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 11:43 AM)I and I Wrote:  So a bunch of people at the last minute all seemed to agree on and make up things about what happened? Sounds you guys are conspiracy nut jobs.

You're really reaching, now.

Your ideological filter and lack of critical thinking skills make your posts hilarious. Idiotic, but hilarious.

So eyewitness reports and local media reporting aren't criteria that you use to make a judgement on an event. What are the sources you use to make judgements on events?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 12:29 PM
(16-04-2013 11:15 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 08:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  ...in Iraq.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04/15/...7-in-iraq/

Perspective. Consider

Why did we need perspective? It's no more or less horrible no matter where these senseless killings happen. You could have just said "here's another one". The "perspective" remark seems to belittle the Boston incident.

I don't feel Erx's remark belittled the Boston incident in any way. No one would argue the bombings weren't horrific. But it's nonetheless true that when terrible things happen to us, in our own back yard, we take great note of them; when they happen to others far away, even when they're objectively much more severe . . . not so much.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
16-04-2013, 12:40 PM
(16-04-2013 11:15 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 08:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  ...in Iraq.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04/15/...7-in-iraq/

Perspective. Consider

Why did we need perspective? It's no more or less horrible no matter where these senseless killings happen. You could have just said "here's another one". The "perspective" remark seems to belittle the Boston incident.

Seriously? Blink

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
16-04-2013, 12:43 PM
(16-04-2013 12:29 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 11:15 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Why did we need perspective? It's no more or less horrible no matter where these senseless killings happen. You could have just said "here's another one". The "perspective" remark seems to belittle the Boston incident.

I don't feel Erx's remark belittled the Boston incident in any way. No one would argue the bombings weren't horrific. But it's nonetheless true that when terrible things happen to us, in our own back yard, we take great note of them; when they happen to others far away, even when they're objectively much more severe . . . not so much.

This^

If anything, I'm belittling people who will now want to kill <insert your favorite hate group> over a tragedy that killed three people, yet treat the death of 55 people with complete indifference. Much the way a certain response did. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
16-04-2013, 01:05 PM
(16-04-2013 12:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 12:29 PM)cufflink Wrote:  I don't feel Erx's remark belittled the Boston incident in any way. No one would argue the bombings weren't horrific. But it's nonetheless true that when terrible things happen to us, in our own back yard, we take great note of them; when they happen to others far away, even when they're objectively much more severe . . . not so much.

This^

If anything, I'm belittling people who will now want to kill <insert your favorite hate group> over a tragedy that killed three people, yet treat the death of 55 people with complete indifference. Much the way a certain response did. Drinking Beverage
It's the timing. The wounds are still fresh and the "perspective" seemed to say "what are you all whining about, things are worse elsewhere". Perhaps it's also because this one was particularly close to me for more reasons than one. I was born and raised in the Boston area. While I don't still live there, I still have relatives there. I have watched the Boston marathon as a road-side spectator many times. I'm also currently training for a different marathon so it hits me as a runner too. And I have aspirations of qualifying to run in a future Boston marathon. If your comment offended me, I wonder how it would have seemed to one of the injured parties or their families had they read it. Sorry, but it seemed somewhat insensitive to me. Again, it's probably the timing. Next month or even next week I might have taken it differently.

And I didn't treat the other one with indifference. As I said, where these happen doesn't matter. They are all equally horrible. So I see the Iraq incident as being just as bad. How is that indifference?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
16-04-2013, 01:13 PM
(16-04-2013 12:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 12:29 PM)cufflink Wrote:  I don't feel Erx's remark belittled the Boston incident in any way. No one would argue the bombings weren't horrific. But it's nonetheless true that when terrible things happen to us, in our own back yard, we take great note of them; when they happen to others far away, even when they're objectively much more severe . . . not so much.

This^

I deplore violence of any kind, anywhere it happens. I don't care how few or many are senselessly killed -- it's always tragic. I could never place a number on deaths to declare importance.

Today there was 7.8 earthquake in Iran from what I've been reading 40 people also lost their lives and that too is sad.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-04-2013, 02:50 PM
(16-04-2013 11:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 11:00 AM)I and I Wrote:  So when the media doesn't match up with papa govs bedtime stories, then the media is bullshit. Drinking Beverage

Aren't you the one who doesn't trust 'the media'? Consider

Oh, but you trust a report from a podunk TV station in Shithole, Alabama quoting a cracker coach spouting ignorant speculation.

Given that I am assuming your neither an eye witness or have access to any critical information on the subject, are you not yourself speculating?

Perhaps there is as much reason to be as speculative about any media statement as there is about any goverment statement.

There is certainly a correlation between exercises and drills and attacks, 9/11, 7/7, the attack in spain off the top of my head. Does this amount to proof positive, not by any means. Is it just a coincidence we should casually dismiss. Perhaps, if the subject matter was different so would be your thinking on the matter.

Either way none of us has access to the kind of data that would allow us to draw any kind of meaningful conclusion, perhaps this is just another question were all we can say is "I don't know" and in that not support the idea that its all an inside job, but equally not dismiss it out of hand at the same time.

Whatever the the "truth" is V for Vendetta is still a work of fiction, and that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods is not. In other words the worst of conclusions we could make are not without credibility, are not beyond what has been considered and is not beyond reason.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
16-04-2013, 03:03 PM
(16-04-2013 02:50 PM)Humakt Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 11:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  Aren't you the one who doesn't trust 'the media'? Consider

Oh, but you trust a report from a podunk TV station in Shithole, Alabama quoting a cracker coach spouting ignorant speculation.

Given that I am assuming your neither an eye witness or have access to any critical information on the subject, are you not yourself speculating?

Perhaps there is as much reason to be as speculative about any media statement as there is about any goverment statement.

There is certainly a correlation between exercises and drills and attacks, 9/11, 7/7, the attack in spain off the top of my head. Does this amount to proof positive, not by any means. Is it just a coincidence we should casually dismiss. Perhaps, if the subject matter was different so would be your thinking on the matter.

Either way none of us has access to the kind of data that would allow us to draw any kind of meaningful conclusion, perhaps this is just another question were all we can say is "I don't know" and in that not support the idea that its all an inside job, but equally not dismiss it out of hand at the same time.

Whatever the the "truth" is V for Vendetta is still a work of fiction, and that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods is not. In other words the worst of conclusions we could make are not without credibility, are not beyond what has been considered and is not beyond reason.

I do, in fact, know that there was no 'exercise' being run in Boston yesterday.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
16-04-2013, 03:04 PM
(16-04-2013 03:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 02:50 PM)Humakt Wrote:  Given that I am assuming your neither an eye witness or have access to any critical information on the subject, are you not yourself speculating?

I do, in fact, know that there was no 'exercise' being run in Boston yesterday.

But how can you have a marathon without exercise? I find fault with your claim, good sir.

~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
16-04-2013, 03:06 PM
(16-04-2013 03:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 03:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I do, in fact, know that there was no 'exercise' being run in Boston yesterday.

But how can you have a marathon without exercise? I find fault with your claim, good sir.

Jog my memory ... who are you?Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post