55 Die In Today's Explosions...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 08:53 AM
RE: 55 Die In Today's Explosions...
(17-04-2013 08:07 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  An attack like this in boston IS different then an attack in iraq. If you're in touch with reality, the probability and frequency of those events are on a different scale.

The physical distance creates a mental one.

How frequent it is doesn't make it any less important. If anything, it makes it more important, because there is obviously an enormous problem if people are getting blown up regularly.

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
17-04-2013, 09:42 AM
(17-04-2013 08:53 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 08:07 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  An attack like this in boston IS different then an attack in iraq. If you're in touch with reality, the probability and frequency of those events are on a different scale.

How frequent it is doesn't make it any less important. If anything, it makes it more important, because there is obviously an enormous problem if people are getting blown up regularly.

I don't think either of you are wrong, even though they may sound like a queer thing to say. At the end of the day a human life is a human life, but think interfering, no matter what your intention, in the middle-east is generally a bad idea that should be avoided. They need to work it out themselves. As long as we aren't threatened we should let them leave them be. The reason why we are attacked by the violent religious nut-jobs is because we interfere. May sound harsh to some, but oftentimes the best way to help is to not help. We need to focus on our own problems and set good examples. There's my two cents anyhow.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
17-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Us and them.... lol! countries are an illusion. Civilians, that is what we are. (here or there)

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Weeeeee_Zard's post
17-04-2013, 09:57 AM
(17-04-2013 09:42 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I don't think either of you are wrong, even though they may sound like a queer thing to say. At the end of the day a human life is a human life, but think interfering, no matter what your intention, in the middle-east is generally a bad idea that should be avoided. They need to work it out themselves. As long as we aren't threatened we should let them leave them be. The reason why we are attacked by the violent religious nut-jobs is because we interfere. May sound harsh to some, but oftentimes the best way to help is to not help. We need to focus on our own problems and set good examples. There's my two cents anyhow.

I agree in parts. I was just referring to the coverage the Boston blasts was getting over here when there were other news stories that I found to be at least of equal importance, but weren't even mentioned.

[Image: opforum1.png]
17-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Re: RE: 55 Die In Today's Explosions...
(17-04-2013 08:48 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

I am not in touch with reality then. I guess bombs that kill people frequently at a distance from me are okay. For that matter, Boston is 3,000 miles from me so I guess I don't really give a fuck.

Sorry, Chas. I no longer care if you get blown up if this happens to you frequently.

Do you work for a news network? Because you took that and ran to the extremes with it.

(17-04-2013 08:53 AM)frankiej Wrote:  

You can attach what ever level of importance you wish. People have come to expect stories like in the OP as routine and normal, because they are. It dosent mean it is 'ok'. No one is condoning those.
17-04-2013, 09:07 PM
(17-04-2013 09:42 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  The reason why we are attacked by the violent religious nut-jobs is because the US government interferes. May sound harsh to some, but oftentimes the best way to help is to not dismantle foreign governments, setup puppet dictators and then blow up innocent civilians and claim to be making the world safe for democracy.

Fixt. Thumbsup

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
17-04-2013, 09:13 PM
(17-04-2013 10:01 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 08:48 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I am not in touch with reality then. I guess bombs that kill people frequently at a distance from me are okay. For that matter, Boston is 3,000 miles from me so I guess I don't really give a fuck.

Sorry, Chas. I no longer care if you get blown up if this happens to you frequently.

Do you work for a news network? Because you took that and ran to the extremes with it.

(17-04-2013 08:53 AM)frankiej Wrote:  How frequent it is doesn't make it any less important. If anything, it makes it more important, because there is obviously an enormous problem if people are getting blown up regularly.

You can attach what ever level of importance you wish. People have come to expect stories like in the OP as routine and normal, because they are. It dosent mean it is 'ok'. No one is condoning those.

Perhaps I do. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My