57 Trump lies so far, and counting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2017, 07:13 AM
RE: 57 Trump lies so far, and counting
(05-03-2017 03:43 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

The problem with this Trump stuff is that it has become boring. If he were a bloke in a bar people would have turned away long back, or smacked him.

What happens when you give a bore your full attention?

D.

But then the drunken bore sets fire to the building when you aren’t looking...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2017, 08:33 AM
If this was a drinking game...take a shot for every public lie...the whole country would be passed out by now.

It's gonna be a long four years followed by years of cleanup. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
05-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Does accusing Obama of bugging him during the election with zero evidence count as a lie?
05-03-2017, 02:15 PM
(05-03-2017 01:40 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Does accusing Obama of bugging him during the election with zero evidence count as a lie?

Bah. Harmless misdirection. :winkandanod:

#sigh
05-03-2017, 03:16 PM
(05-03-2017 05:46 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  He didn't drain the swamp. So, he lied about that.

He doubled the swamp and added sewage.

I hate that man, I just despise him. I hate what he's doing to this country. Fucking bastard.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Most of these lies (114, today) are pretty petty -- the typical sort of BS hears from bloviating politicians every day: minimizing the extent of problems and taking personal credit for work done by others.

What does concern me about this continuing tapestry of prevarication -- and the constant reporting of every minor detail -- is that it tends to desensitize the public. 'Oh, Trump told another whopper, ho-hum.'

This makes it less likely that people are going to pay attention when he lies about something that's actually important -- like the Bush administration's lies about Iraqi WMDs that got us into one of the longest wars in American history.

When Trump lies about some matter of foreign policy likely to change international relations, or when he tells a lie designed to assist in grabbing power to which he's not entitled, then I want to hear about, and I want everybody paying attention.

Until then, I really don't give a rat's ass that he said the EPA claimed jurisdiction over puddles, and the EPA says it didn't.

Remember the boy who cried "wolf"?

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post