6,000 year old earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2013, 04:05 AM
RE: 6,000 year old earth
The difficulty is that most creationists and indeed most religious peope I have met have a minimal understanding (or zero understanding) of scientific principles. The most obvious deficit; is an understanding of evolution, following by earth science such as Geology. It is so frustrating when there is no grounds for discussion with a person who cannot understand first principles. It had happened to me again and again where they will blurt out the usual untruths - such as "we descended from monkeys then"
Or how do you know? were you there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2013, 04:16 AM
RE: 6,000 year old earth
(03-11-2013 05:06 AM)sporehux Wrote:  I've had dozens of debates with a YEC (young earth creationist)

Took a while to drag the truth out of him.
His preacher has a YEC howto guide. He is even preached on rebuttals to evolution, and surprisingly his preacher is venomously anti catholic.

The truth is only what the preacher claims it to be.
All science that is contrary to his preachers views is a Conspiracy.

Was an eye opener. But I've now realised that YEC theists don't
Actually think. They accept their local preacher's opinion as fact not to be questioned.

When I asked him why he does not read and study the bible if he believes it to be the word of a god.
His response was , why teach yourself to play guitar when you can visit a teacher.

My response: "ohhhhh, you don't know how to read"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply