6 Reasons (+2) to NOT Send Your Daughter to College

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2013, 09:56 AM
RE: 6 Reasons (+2) to NOT Send Your Daughter to College
(18-09-2013 09:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 02:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I can't believe I forgot one of the most important parts!

It is a violation of their human rights to deny them fabulous shoes. Angry

I don't think fundees afford rights to their cattle.Tongue

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2013, 12:12 PM
(18-09-2013 09:56 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 09:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  It is a violation of their human rights to deny them fabulous shoes. Angry

I don't think fundees afford rights to their cattle.Tongue

I had the same thought.

And I don't see any Declaration of Sub-Human Rights anyway.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-09-2013, 12:14 PM

Hafnof, where do you find this stuff? Weeping Smile

OK, a few of my musings:

Quote:The Church teaches that husbands and wives are of equal dignity, but with different roles. [...]
Christian marriage by definition does place her in a submissive role to her husband, but no one forces anyone to marry anyone.

Consistent as always. Drinking Beverage

Quote:Homeschooling parents can educate their children in 12 years. [...] Educating and caring for children is the most valuable calling of a married woman and requires accomplished abilities.

How can a mother educate her children if she's not educated herself? Consider

Quote:Catholic OB-GYN Dr. Kim Hardey notes that a woman is naturally very observant of a man’s faults as long as she is in a platonic relationship with him. Once she becomes sexually active with him, she releases hormones that mask his faults, and she remains in a dreamy state about him.

And what about us men? We can't be disappointed in love?

Quote:I share the common concern addressed to us, again mainly by angry women, that there are so many lazy men in our society. But what mystifies me is why girls continue to marry them and then live to complain about them, along with their parents. So what normally happens with this setup is that those lazy men who are looking for a mother-figure in a wife are very attracted to this responsible, organized, smart woman who has it all together along with a steady paying job with benefits. So if he wants to go to work he can, but if not he can always fall back on her income.

Here's a problem: as much as they're misogynistic, they're also misandristic (i.e. hating men, I don't know if this term is legit yet). They present us men as insensitive predators who only care about taking advantage of unsuspecting women. Allegedly we're incapable of genuine love, we only engage in casual sex. We are also considered lazy and not manly enough when we don't conform to their ideas on what we should do with our lives. Like it's easy to be a sole breadwinner of the family. These days when job market is very competitive, working is stressful, and you have a wife and children who completely depend on you. Life is not a dreamland, which they know, but they sell this Censored in order to further their agenda.

Quote:Stay-at-home mothers are actually very busy industrious women and do absolutely beautiful marvelous things.

I actually agree with this. I consider being a SAHM a career, but I prefer when it's chosen, not imposed.

Quote:So parents and their daughters often beam with pride in announcing what university she will attend. Astonishingly even homeschool parents fall into this folly.

Because being proud of your daughter's achievements is a "folly." Drinking Beverage

Quote:But the confounding thing is that they went through all this effort to raise and educate their daughters themselves but don’t give their daughters the opportunity to do the same by locking her into a career.

Ironic.

Quote:It could be a near occasion of sin for the parents. In our culture many parents feel an unnecessary obligation to pay for the children's college tuition. Of course to aid in that there are a host of financial advisers who can set up college investment savings programs for which the government will grant tax favors. So parents may avoid having more children with contraception, sterilization, or illicit use of NFP to bear this cost. To assume that all of our children will need a college degree is quite a stretch, particularly for girls who will likely be mothers.

And we want to avoid that, of course. Drinking Beverage Because:

A family with fewer children => More money per capita => Opportunity for better education => Less ignorance => Fewer Catholics => Less money in coffers of churches.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Philosoraptor's post
18-09-2013, 12:28 PM
(18-09-2013 12:14 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  ...
They present us men as insensitive predators who only care about taking advantage of unsuspecting women. Allegedly we're incapable of genuine love, we only engage in casual sex.

You say this like it's a bad thing! Blink

Anyway, there is no fun in that.

Taking advantage of 'suspecting' women is a far greater challenge Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post