6 shot on DC ballfield

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2017, 02:54 AM
6 shot on DC ballfield
(17-06-2017 12:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 05:54 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Isn't that usually the case?

I thought it was more about mental illness.

I thought they were mentally ill.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2017, 02:48 AM
RE: 6 shot on DC ballfield
Guns kill nearly 1,300 children in the United States every year, making them the third leading cause of death for those under 18 years of age, a new study has found...

A large proportion of child shootings in the US happened unintentionally when kids found guns in draws at home or were caught in disputes...

Check out the story HERE.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
20-06-2017, 03:41 AM
(20-06-2017 02:48 AM)SYZ Wrote:  A large proportion of child shootings in the US happened unintentionally when kids found guns in draws at home or were caught in disputes...

Because a child doesn't know the distinction between boom you are dead and boom you're really dead. That's why I argue for background checks before anyone is allowed to buy a gun. Too many guns end up in the hands of idiots who can't even comprehend that they should lock them away when they have children in their house.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
20-06-2017, 05:09 AM
(20-06-2017 02:48 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Guns kill nearly 1,300 children in the United States every year, making them the third leading cause of death for those under 18 years of age, a new study has found...

A large proportion of child shootings in the US happened unintentionally when kids found guns in draws at home or were caught in disputes...

Maybe third leading cause is not enough!? Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
20-06-2017, 01:20 PM
(20-06-2017 03:41 AM)abaris Wrote:  Because a child doesn't know the distinction between boom you are dead and boom you're really dead. That's why I argue for background checks before anyone is allowed to buy a gun. Too many guns end up in the hands of idiots who can't even comprehend that they should lock them away when they have children in their house.

Background checks may detect former felons; unfortunately they don't detect future idiots.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
20-06-2017, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2017 02:16 PM by OmniConsUme.)
-snip-
20-06-2017, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2017 03:09 PM by OmniConsUme.)
Update: Scalise is Talking and Texting,

GOP allied group politicized the shooting http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017...ting-disg/ Which caused the GOP to tell to pull the ad,
20-06-2017, 02:51 PM
(17-06-2017 01:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 12:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I thought it was more about mental illness.

Mental illness has been and remains a convenient political scapegoat. Yeah, mental health services are shit, just like healthcare in general is shit. But blaming mental health allows you to punt on gun control, and pretend like you are doing something by doing nothing, because nothing ever gets done about mental health either; and the further stigmatization by political association with gun toting sociopaths doesn't help either.

And usually the same people who say "we have a mental health problem" refuse to end the war on drugs, which is a massive problem for mental health.

20-06-2017, 03:05 PM
(20-06-2017 02:48 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Guns kill nearly 1,300 children in the United States every year, making them the third leading cause of death for those under 18 years of age, a new study has found...

Sounds like book cooking garbage to me.

Some journalist in an anti- gun ownership country hardly seems a legitimate source.

Let's see some raw data...

When I Google " children killed firearm" suspiciously, the numbers come up lower....

I' m willing to bet unintentional poisoning dwarfs firearm deaths in kids...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-06-2017, 03:08 PM
(20-06-2017 01:20 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 03:41 AM)abaris Wrote:  Because a child doesn't know the distinction between boom you are dead and boom you're really dead. That's why I argue for background checks before anyone is allowed to buy a gun. Too many guns end up in the hands of idiots who can't even comprehend that they should lock them away when they have children in their house.

Background checks may detect former felons; unfortunately they don't detect future idiots.

I suspect the Brady Campaign thinks "Minority report" is a documentary.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.