6 shot on DC ballfield

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2017, 03:17 PM
RE: 6 shot on DC ballfield
(20-06-2017 03:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  When I Google " children killed firearm" suspiciously, the numbers come up lower....

I' m willing to bet unintentional poisoning dwarfs firearm deaths in kids...

I got numbers around 1300 after googling it a bit.

By academic curiosity, do you have stats from a neutral, credible sources that provide different numbers than that?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2017, 03:21 PM
(20-06-2017 01:20 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Background checks may detect former felons; unfortunately they don't detect future idiots.

They do, mostly, with psychological checks before being granted a permit. As is the standard in my country.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
20-06-2017, 03:49 PM
(20-06-2017 03:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 02:48 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Guns kill nearly 1,300 children in the United States every year, making them the third leading cause of death for those under 18 years of age, a new study has found...

A large proportion of child shootings in the US happened unintentionally when kids found guns in draws at home or were caught in disputes...

Check out the story HERE.

Sounds like book cooking garbage to me.

Some journalist in an anti- gun ownership country hardly seems a legitimate source.

Let's see some raw data...

When I Google " children killed firearm" suspiciously, the numbers come up lower....

I' m willing to bet unintentional poisoning dwarfs firearm deaths in kids...

Quote:The Centres of Disease Control and Prevention study published in the journal Pediatrics examined trends is national US Government data from 2002 to 2014 and found on average 5,790 children were treated for gunshot wounds each year between 2012 and 2014.

From the link. That's *your* country that the study was done in. Unless the only people qualified to read studies are NRA members? You want to see the "raw data"? Laugh out load You're a master statistician now?

I mean, shit dude. There's bias and then there's total inability to comprehend facts...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post