6 shot on DC ballfield

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 04:05 AM
RE: 6 shot on DC ballfield
(14-06-2017 08:24 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 08:21 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Anyone that would celebrate this act of terrorism is a pig.

Yeah what that anti-republican group doesn't realize is they are now on a watch list,

I am anti republican, not pro violence. I will never be for violence. What that shooter did was disgusting, but that does not make GOP economic and health care policy good by proxy. And it also does not address the amount of gun violence either.

And very little talk at all about the work place shooting that ended up with 3 dead.

I am sick of the right blaming everything on the left considering the hate aimed at Obama for 8 years and the hate Trump sold his entire campaign.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
15-06-2017, 04:19 AM
(15-06-2017 04:05 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 08:24 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  Yeah what that anti-republican group doesn't realize is they are now on a watch list,

I am anti republican, not pro violence. I will never be for violence. What that shooter did was disgusting, but that does not make GOP economic and health care policy good by proxy. And it also does not address the amount of gun violence either.

And very little talk at all about the work place shooting that ended up with 3 dead.

I am sick of the right blaming everything on the left considering the hate aimed at Obama for 8 years and the hate Trump sold his entire campaign.
The right's irony meter is dead broke. "We finally got one!" Now they can say "they're just as bad as us." Probably don't realize how that sounds.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-06-2017, 04:28 AM
(15-06-2017 04:19 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 04:05 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am anti republican, not pro violence. I will never be for violence. What that shooter did was disgusting, but that does not make GOP economic and health care policy good by proxy. And it also does not address the amount of gun violence either.

The right's irony meter is dead broke. "We finally got one!" Now they can say "they're just as bad as us." Probably don't realize how that sounds.

Just remind them of Pizzagate, when a alt-right dipshit shot up a pizza parlor based on a Facebook meme positing the existence of a secret cabal of child sex trafficking ran by Hillary Clinton out of the secret underground lair beneath said parlor.

Unlike the owner of the pizza parlor, this Republican politician probably needed to be stopped before he caused some very real world harm (*cough* nuking the ACA *cough*), he just needed to be stopped without resorting to bullets.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-06-2017, 04:55 AM
(15-06-2017 04:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Unlike the owner of the pizza parlor, this Republican politician probably needed to be stopped before he caused some very real world harm (*cough* nuking the ACA *cough*), he just needed to be stopped without resorting to bullets.

That being the operative word here.

Violence is never the answer to a political or social dispute. This guy has been as much as despicable nutjob as the white supremacist shooting up a black church or the other one stabbing someone on the train.

Lowlifes the lot of them.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like abaris's post
15-06-2017, 05:15 AM
(15-06-2017 04:55 AM)abaris Wrote:  ...
Violence is never the answer to a political or social dispute.

History would disagree with you.

And if true, why, I wonder, the need for the 2nd Amendment?

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
15-06-2017, 05:25 AM
6 shot on DC ballfield
(15-06-2017 05:15 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Dodgy

You need to give some more details.
15-06-2017, 05:26 AM
(14-06-2017 11:22 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 11:12 AM)unfogged Wrote:  The difference being...

as opposed to...

I have no doubt Bernie means what he says. He seems like a good guy in most respects.

His supporters not so much. The riots. The safe spaces (segregation). They seem nutty.

You should ask to change your handle to Lord Dark Osmium

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
15-06-2017, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 07:07 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(15-06-2017 05:25 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 05:15 AM)DLJ Wrote:  History would disagree with you.

Dodgy
You need to give some more details.

The American Revolution, lead by the very people who would later enshrine the 'right to bear arms' in the Second Amendment. Having a well armed populace with the idea that on-call militias would make up the majority of any initial force to fend off foreign transgressors makes little sense when the very same country now has the most technologically advanced and expensive professional military in the world to defend itself.

ADDENDUM: Pick one or the other. Either the most advanced professional military, or citizen-soldier militias. I'd be just fine with a more literal 2nd Amendment, provided we cut the spending down on the professional military and spent that money on more education, infrastructure, and healthcare. A mandatory service along the lines of Israel or Finland, where at least everyone who had such armaments were properly trained how to use them, and did so as a service to their country to largely replace the bloated military-industrial complex currently in place. I'd bet that with less guns and more butter, even a more well armed (better educated and healthier too) populace would be better off then we otherwise are now. We're currently in the worst position possible, with a well armed populace that is scared, uneducated, unhealthy, angry, and feels either marginalized or betrayed by current institutions of power. This is how Rome burned.

But hey, if you want a well armed populace combined with destabilization and the utter collapse of centralized power structures? Have a gander over at Japan during the Waring States period, known as the Sengoku Jidai. What eventually ended the fracturing of the nation among dozens of competing daimyo? One managing to kick most everyone else's asses, declaring themselves Shogun, then instilling a caste system, limiting people's freedom of moment and station, and forcing everyone else to give up their weapons. Oh, then with an entire nation full of professional warriors, they had to look outward and so started a disastrous war with Korea. This was also the social structure in place for centuries, until the nation's rapid attempt at modernization after U.S. Commodore Perry sailed steam ships into Japan and forced them to negotiate at cannon-point.

A Second Amendment analogue wouldn't have prevented the Japaneses from being bullied as they were by more technologically advanced nations, but likewise the Second Amendment did nothing to increase the already mountainous leverage and weight the United States held in it's favor during negotiations with Japan. The Second Amendment isn't helping the 'War on Terror', but it sure as shit helps you shoot up a pizza parlor or barricade yourself inside a birding station.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 10 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-06-2017, 08:10 AM
(15-06-2017 05:15 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Dodgy

It's fer killin' them-thar injuns!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
15-06-2017, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 09:21 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
This hatred for other political parties needs to stop. I've been guilty of this in the past, but stuff is starting to get out of control. I have no love for the Democratic party but I don't wish ANY of them dead. When people in the spotlight openly act out the death of our president, some are going to take it as a call to do it. I saw yesterday there was a theater performance in New York that had a Trump lookalike assassinated (they just lost all of their donor money from Bank of America and others). Kathy Griffin holds Trump's bloody severed head in a photo. Snoop Dogg shoots a Trump lookalike in his new music video. College professor in Fresno calls for Trump's assassination (just one of many). This is much different than red neck Billy Bob in Arkansas hanging a dummy from his tree that looks like Obama. We're talking very public people with a platform suggesting openly killing elected officials.

On one of the gun forums I frequent, a gun shop owner wrote that he now checks the voter registration of every customer and refuses to sell to a registered democrat. Many people commented that this is a great idea and they will begin to do this as well at their gun shops and for private sales.

I'm not sure how to fix it, and I've said it before but we are truly divided.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post