6 shot on DC ballfield

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: 6 shot on DC ballfield
(15-06-2017 10:51 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 10:49 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Oh, but don't you understand?

It's perfectly OK if righties call for the death of Democrats. But it doesn't work the other way. Poor little right-wing snowflakes. Welcome to 'murica.

Fuckers didn't count on liberal snowflakes owning guns.

Liberals do have the right to own firearms but not the right to murder people with firearms just like we don't like when the right hijacks bird sanctuaries or shoot abortion doctors.

I am quite sick of gun violence could give one fuck less who is using them to harm others.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2017, 12:39 PM
(15-06-2017 12:11 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Why remove the guns from the home instead of removing the disturbed person? If someone is violent they can just grab a kitchen knife and kill someone.

If someone is violent, they can just beat and kick you to death. But a weapon makes it easier, and in most situations, a gun is a more effective weapon than a knife -- especially if you want to kill a bunch of people. Removing the guns limits the damage they can do. Do you disagree with the notion that a mentally disturbed/unstable person shouldn't have guns?
Find all posts by this user
15-06-2017, 01:31 PM
6 shot on DC ballfield
(15-06-2017 12:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 12:11 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Why remove the guns from the home instead of removing the disturbed person? If someone is violent they can just grab a kitchen knife and kill someone.

If someone is violent, they can just beat and kick you to death. But a weapon makes it easier, and in most situations, a gun is a more effective weapon than a knife -- especially if you want to kill a bunch of people. Removing the guns limits the damage they can do. Do you disagree with the notion that a mentally disturbed/unstable person shouldn't have guns?

I agree that a mentally disturbed/unstable person shouldn't have guns 100%. I also think that a disturbed violent person shouldn't be at large.

Also as I stated previously, how do you know that you got all the guns? Most gun owners have several of them.

My main concern for this law aside of it being ineffective to some degree is that someone can just wrongfully accuse you of something and then your rights are removed.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
15-06-2017, 01:38 PM
(15-06-2017 12:11 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 11:52 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Here in California, if a domestic disturbance (among other things) results in the police being called, they can confiscate any fire arms in the home. In fact, if this shooter were living in California, he would likely have had his firearms confiscated. He'd have to go through some hoops to get them back.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/29/califo...d-weapons/

If someone has gone off the deep end they should be evaluated by mental health professionals.

Why remove the guns from the home instead of removing the disturbed person? If someone is violent they can just grab a kitchen knife and kill someone.

This law might sound reasonable on the surface but it really doesn't make sense. Aside from the example listed above, how will they know if they got all the guns? I have quite a few and they aren't all in the same place.

I'm not saying I'm in total agreement with it. In fact, if I got in a really heated argument, if my bitch neighbor heard it, she could call the police and the result could be the same. I do have a bitch neighbor, but don't have heated arguments with my wife. I don't argue, I dicker.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
15-06-2017, 01:47 PM
6 shot on DC ballfield
You dick her?
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
15-06-2017, 02:24 PM
(15-06-2017 01:47 PM)KUSA Wrote:  You dick her?

Works every time.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
15-06-2017, 02:44 PM
(15-06-2017 10:36 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  One guy? One washed up "celebrity" is all you got? How many against Trump?

Katty Griffith has an effigy of Trump, and FOX News is spilling their mint julep while fainting on the veranda of their plantation. Had she done the exact some thing but with Obama, she'd be the headliner at the Republican National Convention.

Yeah, this shit is toxic. But one side has made a career out of peddling this shit for decades.

Remember what the big Obama scandal was 6 months into his presidency? What petty shit the Conservative talking head where trying to stir up? The president's choice of 'metro-sexual mustard' on a fuckin' hamburger. I'd almost kill to have our country back to that level of normalcy.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-06-2017, 02:48 PM
(15-06-2017 01:31 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Also as I stated previously, how do you know that you got all the guns? Most gun owners have several of them.

In my country when someone comes under suspicion of being violent or irresponsible, they revoke their permit. All their weapons have to be registered to their name in the first place, according to law. So if they don't hand them out, they can expect a rather unfriendly visit by the police.

That, of course doesn't exclude the black market. But it excludes legally purchased weapons, since they can't be sold to anyone else like a tomato without the necessary legal paperwork.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
15-06-2017, 02:57 PM
(15-06-2017 09:09 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This hatred for other political parties needs to stop.

I'm tempted to agree with you. Sadly, the rest of your post is entirely about one party.

Quote:This is much different than red neck Billy Bob in Arkansas hanging a dummy from his tree that looks like Obama. We're talking very public people with a platform suggesting openly killing elected officials.

Like when a presidential candidate suggests a Second Amendment Solution for his opponent?

Quote:On one of the gun forums I frequent, a gun shop owner wrote that he now checks the voter registration of every customer and refuses to sell to a registered democrat. Many people commented that this is a great idea and they will begin to do this as well at their gun shops and for private sales.

What burns more, the irony or the shame?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
15-06-2017, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 03:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-06-2017 01:31 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 12:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  If someone is violent, they can just beat and kick you to death. But a weapon makes it easier, and in most situations, a gun is a more effective weapon than a knife -- especially if you want to kill a bunch of people. Removing the guns limits the damage they can do. Do you disagree with the notion that a mentally disturbed/unstable person shouldn't have guns?

I agree that a mentally disturbed/unstable person shouldn't have guns 100%. I also think that a disturbed violent person shouldn't be at large.

Also as I stated previously, how do you know that you got all the guns? Most gun owners have several of them.

My main concern for this law aside of it being ineffective to some degree is that someone can just wrongfully accuse you of something and then your rights are removed.

(15-06-2017 02:48 PM)abaris Wrote:  In my country when someone comes under suspicion of being violent or irresponsible, they revoke their permit.

*cough* *cough* I'm batshit bonkers being treated by a shaman and own a few shotguns. Should I be forced to surrender them? I think The Man should be able to confiscate them for a short period of time but only under the same conditions they can involuntarily give me a long weekend in the pretty white room with all the white pillows on the wall - if they have cause to think I'm an immediate danger to myself or others. (And they never have cause to think I'm a danger to myself or others because I'm onto their little game. Protip: No matter how many times they ask "Do you feel like hurting yourself or others?", and they'll ask you a lot, answer "No." That's it, don't qualify it, don't embellish, no adverbs or adjectives, if you get uncomfortable while they stare at you, fart or burp or something to keep you occupied, above all, never smile or giggle.) Smile

Not sure it would've made a difference in this case. By all accounts, dude just snapped. Not much anyone can do about those. I'd start holding baseball practice in DC or MD.

#sigh