6 shot on DC ballfield

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: 6 shot on DC ballfield
(15-06-2017 12:11 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Why remove the guns from the home instead of removing the disturbed person? If someone is violent they can just grab a kitchen knife and kill someone.
Probably not from 50 yards away.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
15-06-2017, 03:16 PM
(15-06-2017 02:57 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Like when a presidential candidate suggests a Second Amendment Solution for his opponent?
Now, now. When Trump said that, I'm sure that what he really meant was that she should be drafted into a well-regulated militia.
Yes

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 7 users Like Dr H's post
15-06-2017, 03:55 PM
(15-06-2017 03:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not sure it would've made a difference in this case. By all accounts, dude just snapped. Not much anyone can do about those. I'd start holding baseball practice in DC or MD.

Dudes usually don't snap out of the blue.

While this story was the most televised there were other less prominent shootings, such as a guy going on a killing spree in their old company in Frisco. Another one a few days ago in another town.

Guns simply don't belong in the hands of certain people. That's why most countries have provisions to insure when and if someone's allowed to carry. We hardly ever have incidents like that, where someone goes out and shoots up a bunch of people. They happen. But so seldomly that it's a major story, not something reported in the morning and forgotten at noon.

I'm not sure if that same dude would have done the same holding a knife or a baseball bat. Maybe, as the train killings a couple of weeks showed. But not very likely either. At least not being able to do that much damage in an open field.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
15-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Well here it is again. This is God's fault.

This twisted fuc'n christian logic that encourages me to pray to that lukewarm, 1/2 empty milk jug seen earlier for with the same loving results.

"It had to have been an act of God to throw his marksmanship off because the members were sitting ducks out there," Johnson, who was at the baseball practice, said during an interview on Fox News."

Holy be-Jeezus this chit-drivel drives me crazy.
Why didn't this loving God not fuc up the guy's bullets so they would misfire and no one gets hurt?
- except for that mental case creating this opportunity to praise ole' god again for his LOVE of good people?

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
15-06-2017, 06:43 PM
6 shot on DC ballfield
(15-06-2017 03:11 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 12:11 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Why remove the guns from the home instead of removing the disturbed person? If someone is violent they can just grab a kitchen knife and kill someone.
Probably not from 50 yards away.

Really what's your point? If someone is fucked in the head and violent then they should be in custody being poked and prodded.

And if I had a choice between being shot at 50 yards away or being stabbed at point blank, I would choose being shot at. Most people can't hit a human sized target at 50 yards away especially with a pistol.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
15-06-2017, 09:07 PM
(15-06-2017 06:43 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 03:11 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Probably not from 50 yards away.

Really what's your point? If someone is fucked in the head and violent then they should be in custody being poked and prodded.

And if I had a choice between being shot at 50 yards away or being stabbed at point blank, I would choose being shot at. Most people can't hit a human sized target at 50 yards away especially with a pistol.

I worked in an industry where the guards used to be armed. I know of instances where they failed to qualify for their gun carry card, because they couldn't hit a 7 foot high target from five feet away. Gasp That company has unarmed guards now, anyway.

I'll agree with you, KUSA, on the 50 yards. I've seen some seriously bad marksmanship at that range. I've seen people unable to hit a target with a rifle that most of my family can hit with a pistol. Huh
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
15-06-2017, 09:16 PM
It's probably a false flag.

16-06-2017, 06:31 AM
(15-06-2017 09:16 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It's probably a false flag.

I strongly doubt that. We need to own our terrorists on the left. It pisses me off when we have (almost constant) violence from right wing assholes, and the right won't acknowledge that this guy was one of them, however unhinged.

This guy was clearly just as unhinged, and had a long history of violence. Probably shouldn't have had access to guns. He clearly did not get the message of peace and nonviolent resistance that has always been Bernie Sanders' entire political career.

I've made the "false flag" call before, about the violence by masked thugs at a Milo Yawnopoly's speech at Berkeley, so I'm not against thinking something is a deliberate provocation by the operatives of the right, but this one seems pretty cut-and-dried in indicating a left wing terrorist. We need to call it what it is so the other side cannot play the tu quoque tactic when their guys do it again-- probably next week.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
16-06-2017, 07:05 AM
(15-06-2017 09:07 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 06:43 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Really what's your point? If someone is fucked in the head and violent then they should be in custody being poked and prodded.

I worked in an industry where the guards used to be armed. I know of instances where they failed to qualify for their gun carry card, because they couldn't hit a 7 foot high target from five feet away. Gasp That company has unarmed guards now, anyway.

I'll agree with you, KUSA, on the 50 yards. I've seen some seriously bad marksmanship at that range. I've seen people unable to hit a target with a rifle that most of my family can hit with a pistol. Huh

I once outshot a guy (National Guard) using his Desert Eagle, with me using my compound bow at 30 yards.....

I admire the guy.

He still comes around, regardless of the shit everybody gave him.

He also got motivated to shoot much better.

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
16-06-2017, 07:44 AM
(15-06-2017 03:55 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 03:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not sure it would've made a difference in this case. By all accounts, dude just snapped. Not much anyone can do about those. I'd start holding baseball practice in DC or MD.

Dudes usually don't snap out of the blue.

While this story was the most televised there were other less prominent shootings, such as a guy going on a killing spree in their old company in Frisco. Another one a few days ago in another town.

Guns simply don't belong in the hands of certain people. That's why most countries have provisions to insure when and if someone's allowed to carry. We hardly ever have incidents like that, where someone goes out and shoots up a bunch of people. They happen. But so seldomly that it's a major story, not something reported in the morning and forgotten at noon.

I'm not sure if that same dude would have done the same holding a knife or a baseball bat. Maybe, as the train killings a couple of weeks showed. But not very likely either. At least not being able to do that much damage in an open field.

I agree, but when you use weapons to hold a federal park hostage, that kind of snapping makes you a patriot. When a Tea Party couple murders cops in in a food joint, walk across to a Walmart and murder an armed civilian, that gets ignored.

The far right simply does not want to do anything and when they say they do all they have is "sell more and do nothing". Sad that even when their own leaders get shot at they still hold that sick mentality. Last time they cared about their own leaders getting shot was Reagan and Brady. It would be nice if the GOP cared like they did back then.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user