6 year old debunks God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2010, 07:04 PM

6 year old debunks God
I stumbled upon this article and found it quite amusing. I hope my kids end up like this!

http://www.atheistnexus.org/profiles/blo...414&page=2
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2010, 07:17 PM
RE: 6 year old debunks God
I think that is fairly common among children who have no religious teachings. When they understand how the world works, how it really works, they can sniff out lies. I remember my parents never told me about god, Jesus, Santa, or the Easter bunny. When my mom tried for the tooth fairly when I was about the age, she never fooled me for a second. All the other kids think Santa is real, and he is not. They think god is real, and he is not. They think the tooth fairy is real, why should it be any different? It's interesting how children can recognize patterns at young ages.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2010, 07:30 PM

Being brought up religiously, I'm happy that my parents told me about Santa and all that good stuff because it was through the questioning and disproving them as a child that I started to question God. I figured if my parents lied about Santa, why not Jesus?
13-04-2010, 07:54 PM
That reminded me of a South Park episode. I'm brought up atheist, without any childhood fairy tales. Yet we still reach the same conclusion. Interesting how it works. A person raised Christian, even without any atheistic influence, can become an atheist, yet the chance of an atheist never hearing of Christianity, becoming a Christian is basically impossible. This may seem obvious, but it makes a good point about the default position, and where the burden of proof lies.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
13-04-2010, 08:06 PM
ASHLEY!!!! You know better than to utter those dreaded words....."burden of proof"!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
13-04-2010, 08:45 PM

I find the whole concept of religion fascinating, to be honest. How easy it is for people to believe such ridiculous ideas and take them as fact. Even if they're just convincing themselves for the comfort factor of believing that 'God will make everything better', if they'd only take the time to tap into their logic and see reality, the world would be so much better.
13-04-2010, 09:14 PM
(13-04-2010 08:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  ASHLEY!!!! You know better than to utter those dreaded words....."burden of proof"!

Shhhh! Before Martin hears.

13-04-2010, 11:48 PM

(13-04-2010 09:14 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(13-04-2010 08:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  ASHLEY!!!! You know better than to utter those dreaded words....."burden of proof"!

Shhhh! Before Martin hears.

Too late!

What I read from that is a six year old has the same arguments as most of you. Doesn't say much for your position.
14-04-2010, 06:00 AM
(13-04-2010 11:48 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  What I read from that is a six year old has the same arguments as most of you. Doesn't say much for your position.

What I read is that even a six year-old, when not indoctrinated religiously, can see how laughable and implausible the explanations given by the Bible are. Doesn't say much for your position.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2010, 06:11 AM
(14-04-2010 06:00 AM)Juppers Wrote:  
(13-04-2010 11:48 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  What I read from that is a six year old has the same arguments as most of you. Doesn't say much for your position.

What I read is that even a six year-old, when not indoctrinated religiously, can see how laughable and implausible the explanations given by the Bible are. Doesn't say much for your position.

Exactly. Well said Juppers.

So many cats, so few good recipes.