6000 year of religions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 12:40 PM
6000 year of religions
Finally finished, with much help from the guy who's blog this is on.

Please re-post and pass around, particularly to religious folk. Also, if you can create your own video with your own choice of naration, that'd be cool too.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIxdquRnJc
Website version (clickable) http://williame.github.com/map_of_worlds_religions/

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 12:55 PM
RE: 6000 year of religions
Sorry, you pic reminds me of Breakout.

[Image: palm_breakout.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
11-12-2012, 01:24 PM
well the response is overwhelming.

Any comments or corrections anyone?

The voice is Google text-to-speech because I cannot find a good way to record etc.
11-12-2012, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 04:57 PM by Gaest.)
(11-12-2012 01:24 PM)code Wrote:  well the response is overwhelming.

Any comments or corrections anyone?

The voice is Google text-to-speech because I cannot find a good way to record etc.
Looks goodSmile

I might have more suggestions or commentaries later, but for a start I would like to point out that setting Norse Mythology to 1700 BC is too early.
If we are talking the religiosities of the late Iron age and Viking age in Northern Europe I would go with 0 or 200 AD at the earliest.

Also, I´m not really sure if I would go with Norse/Greek "Mythology". I suggest something along the lines of "Greek/Hellenistic polytheism/religion" and "Scandinavian/Norse polytheism/religion" - the word Norse is not wholly unproblematic either but for a short description it´ll do (I think).

Edit: By "Greek/Hellenistic polytheism/religion" and "Scandinavian/Norse polytheism/religion" I mean combining two of the four words in each instance; such as "Hellenistic polytheism" and "Scandinavian polytheism". Not literally writing "Greek/Hellenistic polytheism/religion" on the map Wink
11-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Also, if you wanna fill Greenland and Northern Finland/Northern Norway out you can look a bit into it via wikipedia: Inuit, Sami