666 interpretation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: 666 interpretation?
(06-11-2013 09:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  How idiotic. No one really agrees on what the mark of the beast even really is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_beast

Just to be safe, better avoid 616 as well..

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 09:54 PM by Heathen.)
(06-11-2013 09:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There was a later report saying that if the race officials had know her reason for wanting a different number was religious in nature they would have changed it...scary how much weight a religious preference holds.

I think that was the most disturbing part of the entire story.

"A spokesperson with Kentucky High School Athletic Association told LEX 18 it wasn't brought to their attention that the request was because of religious beliefs, adding that if they knew, they would have changed the number."
http://www.lex18.com/news/whitley-county...tyPhoto/0/

There was a thread somewhere here a while ago about unlucky numbers. The "missing" 13th floor in buildings and such. Jeez, humans sure can be stupid.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
07-11-2013, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 05:11 PM by houseofcantor.)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-11-2013, 09:53 AM
(07-11-2013 09:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

I already knew that
1+2+3+…+36=666.

1+2+….+n=n(n+1)/2, so
1+2+…+36=36(36+1)/2=666

666 can only be written in 1 way as a sum of 2 squares,
namely 666=15^2+21^2
07-11-2013, 12:45 PM
All she had to do was turn the number upside down.

On second thought, that would have resembled Herman Cane's 9-9-9 plan from the 2012 US Presidential election.

*shudders*

Never mind.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
07-11-2013, 12:59 PM
The most frustrating part of this is that "666" could have been misinterpreted, as a few of you have stated. Just exactly how much of the bible is misinterpreted and grown into something completely different?

What has gotten me riled up today was this passage out of Corinthians..:1 Corinthians 6:9 - 10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And the same passage from another version of the bible: 9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
--------------------------
See that key difference between the two? Upon further research, the 'word' in question is "Arsenokoites." The problem with this word is that there is no concrete translation for it. Some translate it as pedophiles, others as male prostitutes. However, many bibles seem to have latched onto it as meaning 'homosexual.'
--------------------------
These mistranslations are absolutely disgusting. These permeate into the minds of people, and give a 'moral' reason to be bigoted, homophobic, and prejudiced. I cannot wrap my mind around the doublespeak of christians. They preach the 'good' word and then spew hateful rhetoric. Appalling.
07-11-2013, 02:15 PM
My interpretation:

The Antichrist's gematric name will add to 666 in the three scripture languages (which languages do not use numerals but assign numeric values to letters) of Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.

I'm not a Preterist or Calvinist, and Nero did not fulfill all the prophecies of Antichrist.
07-11-2013, 02:27 PM
(06-11-2013 09:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  How idiotic. No one really agrees on what the mark of the beast even really is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_beast

Yeah. Isn't meant to be '616'?

An oldie but a goodie, 667: the Neighbour of the Beast.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
07-11-2013, 05:16 PM
From what I know of Hebrew Numerology, the perfect number is 7, ie. the covenantal number. As such 6 is considered incomplete. Example is in exodus where Joseph's brothers were all in egypt and they made 66, then Abraham joined them and He plus Joesph and his sons made 70. Also in Hebrew repetition is used to signify emphasis, such as Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of Hosts. So 666 would be a sort of ultimate incomplete number, so they would ascribe it to Satan.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
07-11-2013, 05:35 PM
We only have 10 numerals to work with and several are considered taboo by various cultures. Where does it end? What really annoys me the most is that mathematics is considered by many to be the purest of the sciences. Some go further and say that it is not really science, but that it goes beyond that. Certainly, mathematics is a very special and unique discipline and this discussion would be worthy of it's own thread. But I find it quite sad that idiots will refuse to purchase a home because the address has a 4 in it and that a young girl would refuse to run a race because she was given the number 666. And also, as mentioned, that race officials would agree to give her another number but only if her request was based on a superstition. There's something rather fucked up about all of this.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post