70 Metal Books Found In Jordan. Biggest Find Since Dead Sea Scrolls?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2011, 08:13 PM

Exclamation 70 Metal Books Found In Jordan. Biggest Find Since Dead Sea Scrolls?
Could this be the biggest find since the Dead Sea Scrolls? Seventy metal books found in cave in Jordan could change our view of Biblical history

[Image: article-1371290-0B63EC4900000578-127_634x379.jpg]
Lines of inquiry: The metal tablets could change our understanding of the Bible

Article @ Daily Mail Science & Technology
Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2011, 09:31 PM
RE: 70 Metal Books Found In Jordan. Biggest Find Since Dead Sea Scrolls?
Yeah I heard about this. I just can't seem to get interested. I like how the Jews and the Christians are fighting for them though.

"The discovery site was marked with a menorah!"

"SO. There are references from the book of Revelation in it!"

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 03:38 AM
I wonder if Muslims find them relevant ? - then the shit storm will be complete Big Grin

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
01-04-2011, 10:12 AM
That's a really interesting story. It'll be cool to find out if the dating is accurate. I wonder if the information within will support or run counter to Christian theologies.

Most Bedouins are Muslims so the Muslims are already involved. But it stands to reason that there would be ownership disputes over possibly one of the most priceless artefacts on the planet.

If there are pre-Paul gospels contained within that constitute a fundamentally different view of Jesus, his life and his teachings, it will be interesting to track the reactions from the various Christian sects. It could be an interesting study in cultural evolution.

Lastly, I've never even heard of metal books before. I'm gonna have to look into that practice. Neat.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
01-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I wrote this for latest blog article, but it got cut as it didn't fit in the flow of the article very well...

Let’s face it, if in the bowels of Jerusalem, an ancient papyrus scroll was found, carbon-dated to approximately 33AD, written in Aramaic, and purported to be the handwritten testament of Jesus Christ himself and it didn’t conform neatly to the existing biblical gospels (which were, by the way, written many decades after Jesus’ death by anonymous authors providing second or third hand accounts of events), just about every Christian would greet this amazing discovery with vile skepticism. How could we know that these were the words of Jesus? It would be treated with a skepticism and reasoning that we should read all “holy” scriptures with.

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
26-04-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm curious as to how much actual information these books contain. They look pretty small.

Also will the content be released to the public? I'm curious what will be in there!

Probably stuff that makes the bible and other religious texts look even more ridiculous.
26-04-2011, 09:30 PM
They're forgeries, apparently.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
26-04-2011, 11:54 PM
If you consider the amount of ancient scriptures held in vault of the Vatican, you cant' but deduct that the contemporary bible (yes, I know there are 100's of versions) is just a fragment that just fits in the ideology of the church. And even then there are loads of contradictory chapters and passages.

Most christians are masters of 'doublethink', so I don't think they'll find it harmful to their precious beliefs.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
27-04-2011, 07:23 AM
The person who wrote these apparently did not know how to translate properly from Greek so...definite forgeries.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2