70 days clean

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-05-2016, 07:11 AM
RE: 70 days clean
(18-05-2016 11:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Never thought I would see the day... never thought I could live without drugs.

In all honesty, 70 days has been quite a breeze. Yeah, I've had my bad days and occasional using thoughts, but I can easily squelch them with a simple

[Image: a33.jpg]

Being jobless has given me a lot of time to think... and I think I might want to make a living out of helping people with addiction. QC thinks I should go back to school and become an RAC. I really like the idea of it. This recovery things has become a major part of my life, and I want to share it/help others.

Meh... just a thought.

Anyway... 30 days until the big 1-0-0. Still pretty surreal.

Thank you KC, I also feel the dawn, and feel the breeze on my face

Keep well

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Congrats, KC. Proud of you. You know how to reach me if you need support at any time.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
23-05-2016, 10:00 AM
That's great news. Congratulations!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
23-05-2016, 10:04 AM
(18-05-2016 11:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Never thought I would see the day... never thought I could live without drugs.

In all honesty, 70 days has been quite a breeze. Yeah, I've had my bad days and occasional using thoughts, but I can easily squelch them with a simple

[Image: a33.jpg]

Being jobless has given me a lot of time to think... and I think I might want to make a living out of helping people with addiction. QC thinks I should go back to school and become an RAC. I really like the idea of it. This recovery things has become a major part of my life, and I want to share it/help others.

Meh... just a thought.

Anyway... 30 days until the big 1-0-0. Still pretty surreal.

I was about at that point when I started hanging drywall and for a time the only persons I hired to work for me was those I met in AA and others similar situations. I found I could help others more by giving them a job instead of counseling. Then I made myself available to counselors saying I was hiring those who were in need of work and were trying to stay clean.
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
24-05-2016, 12:02 PM
(19-05-2016 07:50 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Meh. Let me know when you hit 100. Drinking Beverage

Hug

Stark!.....Be nice!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
24-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Wow KC great moves, keep it up.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Way to go, bud!
17-06-2016, 03:05 PM
...and 100 days.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 17 users Like kingschosen's post
17-06-2016, 03:12 PM
[Image: pLlLhjN.jpg]
17-06-2016, 03:17 PM
(17-06-2016 03:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...and 100 days.

Maybe a cooperative staff member could update the thread title as this goes along. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user