Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Rotate the title of this thread 90 degrees and you will have a symbol that almost every single person alive recognizes yet no one can truly understand.

This symbol represents everything and nothing simultaneously. It is the known, the unknown and everything in between. Look deep enough into this symbol and you can find the answers to anything yet be left with nothing but questions. It explains god, the universe, quantum physics, the singularity, morality, the reasons to follow those morals and etc.

This symbol contains more information in a single keystroke than any bible or classroom could dream of conveying in a trillion lifetimes.

Infinity is god.

god is the unknown. it is mans feeble attempt to explain the things we do not understand. this quest to understand anything turns us into dogs chasing our tails forever, it is an endless process.

The further we advance our knowledge the more the line between Infinity and god begins to blur and slowly become the same.

It does not matter if you agree with me or not because our debate is dictated by Infinity (god). We are doomed to forever debate back and forth for Infinity because we are/will be debating the unknown forever.

The idea that we can debate "Infinity is god" forever should in itself prove the infallibility of the concept. I can not prove it right, you can not prove it wrong, yet it (god/Infinity) lingers forever right there the whole time.

I nominate the symbol for Infinity as the official representation of a worldwide belief system that no two people can/will agree on in a post-religious era.
Until religions become a minority please use the scarlet letter instead to help get the word out that things are changing.

If you disagree, please do not reply to this message, because as you can see our differences in opinion are endless and pointless. I'd prefer you spread the word instead so that the debate of the future can get warmed up.

Please help me express this idea to the world. Tell your friends, tell TTA, tell Dawkins, tell your enemies, tell your children.

Tell Everyone Infinity is god. So that we can begin to define god as 'undefined' together as a species.

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: 8
(14-06-2012 07:04 AM)dredmal Wrote:  Tell Everyone Infinity is god. So that we can begin to define god as 'undefined' together as a species.
Infinity is not undefined.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
14-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Infinity is a whole branch of mathematics, and a particularly useful mathematical tool. Don't put it in the god bucket, please Smile

Also, you don't have to rotate anything 90°s: ∞

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
14-06-2012, 08:18 AM
The human brain does not work well when it comes to contemplating anything very large or very small. While Infinity is rather daunting when you really contemplate it (and quite fun), that does not make it mystical or a god.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
14-06-2012, 08:51 AM
(14-06-2012 07:04 AM)dredmal Wrote:  If you disagree, please do not reply to this message, because as you can see our differences in opinion are endless and pointless. I'd prefer you spread the word instead so that the debate of the future can get warmed up.

Then you're proselytising. Spin 'em.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
14-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Because something is difficult to understand does not make it God. Using that logic, Women must be God!

Hey, you may be onto something!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
14-06-2012, 09:15 AM
(14-06-2012 08:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Because something is difficult to understand does not make it God. Using that logic, Women must be God!

Hey, you may be onto something!

Succinct as always Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
14-06-2012, 09:28 AM
What's so difficult to understand? Women are always right. No wonder why you ain't getting none. Tongue

[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-06-2012, 06:09 PM
the entire point is to provoke you and your difference in opinion to demonstrate that it is futile and endless. no matter how you define god, i can define it better times infinity whatever you say.

the idea represented here is not meant to represent truth, accuracy, mysticism or any other thought silly enough to make it on this page. it's purpose is to invoke reflection. it's purpose is to make us realize that all of us will be wrong forever. it is also meant to give the atheists and agnostics of the world something deeper unify around than the social stigma of the scarlet letter.

this thread is intentionally baiting you to express yourself to demonstrate that there is a bigger picture in front of us and we can use it to organize and celebrate. non-belief is only going to carry the movement so far. once today's more common belief systems die out, we will need a stronger platform.

if you didn't reply with 'i see what you did there' then you probably shouldn't have posted at all

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
14-06-2012, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2012 07:50 PM by houseofcantor.)
So you're trolling and telling peeps how to think? How they should respond to your faulty, ill formed logic? Dodgy

(this is the problem I had right off the bat - http://nauticaricky.hubpages.com/hub/Dif...f-Infinity )

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post