8:42 - The asshole is alive and in custody.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: 8:42 - The asshole is alive and in custody.
(19-04-2013 09:17 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 09:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Baloney. They can start and end in a stadium, very easily.

What about the 25 intervening miles?

Have you ever been to a race. They're very strung out. Any "event" would affect only a few. They can also have people/volunteers trained to be vigilant. Unlike Boston. No can can make it perfect. Anyone can do better they they did.

And yes, I'm damn serious. The US is a totally unsafe environment. Just ask the parents at Sandy Hook. If the gun crazies won't do anything, or allow anything, there will be metal detectors and "this place bans guns" signs everywhere. More than one way to skin a cat. The 2nd Ammendment is not the Ultimate Value. If it's not working, (and it obviously isn't, and is now unreasonanle), then it's time to change it.

There was a piece on NPR this week about foreign parents who now no longer allow their kids to go to school in the US, and they think it's unsafe. Do you know how many of the new graduating scientists and engineers employed in the US are foreign born ? Without them , we are in the tank. There will be long term consequences unless the unsafe environment is rationally deal with. When I go see my cousons up in Minnesota, (a "conceal and carry" state) ... you must assume that everyone, including every angry driver next to you has a gun. That is insane.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-04-2013, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 09:52 PM by fstratzero.)
A YouTube page that appeared to belong to the elder Mr. Tsarnaev featured multiple jihadi videos that he had endorsed in the past six months. One video features the preaching of Abd al-Hamid al-Juhani, who was an assistant to an al Qaeda scholar in Chechnya, and another features Feiz Mohammad, an extremist Salafi Lebanese preacher based in Australia. Four months ago, he also "liked" a well-produced video featuring the black flags of Khorasan, a significant jihadist theme.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...89762.html
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/n...st-boston/
Islam the religion of explosions...

Tamerlan Tsarnaev's youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/muazseyfullah/videos?view=0

Indeed religion poisons everything.

[Image: sub-20brothers2-popup.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
19-04-2013, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2013 01:41 PM by Full Circle.)
(19-04-2013 09:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 09:17 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  What about the 25 intervening miles?

Have you ever been to a race. They're very strung out. Any "event" would affect only a few. They can also have people/volunteers trained to be vigilant. Unlike Boston. No can can make it perfect. Anyone can do better they they did.

And yes, I'm damn serious. The US is a totally unsafe environment. Just ask the parents at Sandy Hook. If the gun crazies won't do anything, or allow anything, there will be metal detectors and "this place bans guns" signs everywhere. More than one way to skin a cat. The 2nd Ammendment is not the Ultimate Value. If it's not working, (and it obviously isn't, and is now unreasonanle), then it's time to change it.

There was a piece on NPR this week about foreign parents who now no longer allow their kids to go to school in the US, and they think it's unsafe. Do you know how many of the new graduating scientists and engineers employed in the US are foreign born ? Without them , we are in the tank. There will be long term consequences unless the unsafe environment is rationally deal with.

The only thing that I am addressing has to do with security at the Boston Marathon and your assertion that Boston police failed at their jobs. My contention is that determined terrorists, especially those that live in the US without prior records will be nearly impossible to contain in an outdoor event the size of this one. With that said I think that blaming the police for not having stopped the attackers is tantamount to blaming the Park Rangers from my previous post for tourists falling into the Grand Canyon. The venue is simply too big with too many participant and too many spectators in an outdoor setting.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Forcing marathon runners to run 26 miles on a circle track is stupid. Getting people to go to an arena to watch (how many people actually run in these things) runners go in a circle for 26 miles is stupid. Putting people through TSA style checkpoints and collecting every bag before they enter said arena to watch said dumb event is dumb.

Runners gonna run.

People gonna watch.

Crazies gonna blow some shit up from time to time.

We could do with some more reasonable US foreign policy, that would be a start. Until that happens however, security is out the window.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
20-04-2013, 01:36 PM
We all knew that this wouldn't take long, and here it is!

Quote:In an email sent to supporters before Thursday night’s manhunt began in Massachusetts, the Family Research Council attempted to appropriate recent tragedies as arguments that support their social conservative positions. Referring to the Republicans’ Senate filibuster of the gun safety bill, FRC’s Tony Perkins claimed that tragedies like Newtown and Boston — as well as the shooting at its headquarters last summer — are the result of “sexual liberalism” and the lack of Christian influence on society: http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/04/19...?mobile=nc

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
20-04-2013, 01:54 PM
(20-04-2013 01:36 PM)Heathen Wrote:  We all knew that this wouldn't take long, and here it is!

Quote:In an email sent to supporters before Thursday night’s manhunt began in Massachusetts, the Family Research Council attempted to appropriate recent tragedies as arguments that support their social conservative positions. Referring to the Republicans’ Senate filibuster of the gun safety bill, FRC’s Tony Perkins claimed that tragedies like Newtown and Boston — as well as the shooting at its headquarters last summer — are the result of “sexual liberalism” and the lack of Christian influence on society: http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/04/19...?mobile=nc

In relation to this, I was watching a marathon of Rawhide and was intrigued by the fact that violence is depicted as a good thing but anytime sex is even hinted at it is as a shameful thing. So I find that the FRC (hategroup) has this ,like most other things they spout off about exactly backwards. The fact is we are getting safer as a result of sexual, and all other forms of, liberalism and the root problem for the small portion of society that doesn't have the mental capacities to separate fiction from reality is the continued glorification of Violence as a means and an end unto itself. Violence has been lauded as "Good ol' American Values" for most of the countries history where as sex has been a taboo subject. The reverse should be the ideal. Sex is a natural and beautiful act where as violence is the worst thing you can do to another person (including psychological violence as well as physical in that).

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-04-2013, 02:21 PM
(19-04-2013 07:02 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I hope he gets brought to a court to stand trial before his peers.

Because he is a suspect, I'll have to reserve my judgements.

However if he is also found guilty of the bombings I think he should be forced to witness the pain and suffering he has caused to the people and families.

If the the younger Tsarnaev brother is as radically islamic as the older was reported to have been, do you think any of his victim's suffering will mean anything to him, seeing as though they'll either "go to heaven" where they belong, or otherwise get what they deserve in the afterlife?
*only 75% sarcasm* *sarcasm* I'm wondering if there are any hollow point-crash test dummies needed anywhere!
Seriously, though, you want to find out whether he was cowed by an older sibling into doing something he didn't want to. It'd make a difference to me in considering his sentence if I was the Judge.

20-04-2013, 04:30 PM
(20-04-2013 01:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 01:36 PM)Heathen Wrote:  We all knew that this wouldn't take long, and here it is!

In relation to this, I was watching a marathon of Rawhide and was intrigued by the fact that violence is depicted as a good thing but anytime sex is even hinted at it is as a shameful thing. So I find that the FRC (hategroup) has this ,like most other things they spout off about exactly backwards. The fact is we are getting safer as a result of sexual, and all other forms of, liberalism and the root problem for the small portion of society that doesn't have the mental capacities to separate fiction from reality is the continued glorification of Violence as a means and an end unto itself. Violence has been lauded as "Good ol' American Values" for most of the countries history where as sex has been a taboo subject. The reverse should be the ideal. Sex is a natural and beautiful act where as violence is the worst thing you can do to another person (including psychological violence as well as physical in that).

Well, as I have asked here before, what the actual fuck is it with monotheism and sex? They are so hung-up and perverted it is mind-boggling.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-04-2013, 05:07 PM
(20-04-2013 04:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 01:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  In relation to this, I was watching a marathon of Rawhide and was intrigued by the fact that violence is depicted as a good thing but anytime sex is even hinted at it is as a shameful thing. So I find that the FRC (hategroup) has this ,like most other things they spout off about exactly backwards. The fact is we are getting safer as a result of sexual, and all other forms of, liberalism and the root problem for the small portion of society that doesn't have the mental capacities to separate fiction from reality is the continued glorification of Violence as a means and an end unto itself. Violence has been lauded as "Good ol' American Values" for most of the countries history where as sex has been a taboo subject. The reverse should be the ideal. Sex is a natural and beautiful act where as violence is the worst thing you can do to another person (including psychological violence as well as physical in that).

Well, as I have asked here before, what the actual fuck is it with monotheism and sex? They are so hung-up and perverted it is mind-boggling.

It's very simple. Sex is the most powerful motivator for any living species and if you can syphon off that power you can quite literally move mountains.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-04-2013, 07:44 PM
They should have hit those ma'fuckas with a drone strike, just to test the waters.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell