8-Year-Old Girl Disappoints God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 10:15 AM
RE: 8-Year-Old Girl Disappoints God
(30-03-2014 10:03 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  ARgh this stuff really pisses me off.

If my boy wants a my little pony backpack, or wants to play with dolls, he will have every right to!

Or if my girl wants to get in the mud and play sports, you know what, she has ever fucking right to do that as well!

I really bloody hate the idea of a school trying to tell kids how they "should be" fucking assholes.

This happens in regular schools too. In middle school my sister used to dye her hair all kinds of un-natural colors, her school tried to get her suspended. Called our mother for a conference. She showed up...with her unnaturally colored hair. Guess who won that battle.

Okay. I'm done. Sorry.

Wouldn't happen in this country, almost all high schools have strict uniforms in the UK. It seems like the system is designed to beat the individuality out of you.

Turn up with the wrong colour socks, we'd get "internal exclusion" where you spend all day in what is basically solitary confinement.

I don't understand how wearing a uniform is supposed to aid your education...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2014, 10:18 AM
(30-03-2014 10:15 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 10:03 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  ARgh this stuff really pisses me off.

If my boy wants a my little pony backpack, or wants to play with dolls, he will have every right to!

Or if my girl wants to get in the mud and play sports, you know what, she has ever fucking right to do that as well!

I really bloody hate the idea of a school trying to tell kids how they "should be" fucking assholes.

This happens in regular schools too. In middle school my sister used to dye her hair all kinds of un-natural colors, her school tried to get her suspended. Called our mother for a conference. She showed up...with her unnaturally colored hair. Guess who won that battle.

Okay. I'm done. Sorry.

Wouldn't happen in this country, almost all high schools have strict uniforms in the UK. It seems like the system is designed to beat the individuality out of you.

Turn up with the wrong colour socks, we'd get "internal exclusion" where you spend all day in what is basically solitary confinement.

Because its easier to teach kids to conform then to teach them how to handle someone whos not exactly the bloody same as them.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
30-03-2014, 11:04 AM
(30-03-2014 10:03 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I really bloody hate the idea of a school trying to tell kids how they "should be" fucking assholes.

I don't mean to come over all Grammar Nazi or anything, but this sentence really does lack some much needed punctuation.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
30-03-2014, 11:08 AM
(30-03-2014 11:04 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 10:03 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I really bloody hate the idea of a school trying to tell kids how they "should be" fucking assholes.

I don't mean to come over all Grammar Nazi or anything, but this sentence really does lack some much needed punctuation.

Thanks for the heads up. Luckily my care factor is zero.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
30-03-2014, 11:11 AM
(30-03-2014 10:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 10:15 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I don't understand how wearing a uniform is supposed to aid your education...

Because its easier to teach kids to conform then to teach them how to handle someone whos not exactly the bloody same as them.

What really gets me is the whole house system you have in school. Think of the different houses in Hogwarts,

Each pupil is arbitrarily sorted into one of four houses and then you're told to compete at sports day or whatever. It exploits pack instinct and institutionalises a 'them and us' mentality. It's exactly the same kind of mentality you want from your population if you go to war. Go off and kill people who are no different to you and who would probably be your friends if you met them in different circumstances. Do it because the belong to a different tribe / house / country.

I remember at school thinking how stupid it all was and wondering why people went along with it. It allows people to be more easily controlled by authority.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
30-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Actually Mathilda. Now that I look at it, it sort of makes sense. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
30-03-2014, 11:30 AM
(30-03-2014 10:15 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Wouldn't happen in this country, almost all high schools have strict uniforms in the UK. It seems like the system is designed to beat the individuality out of you.

I'd say part of the reason for uniforms is to help blur the class/wealth differences; also to not have to deal with a complicated dress code - keep it simple.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-03-2014, 12:28 PM
(28-03-2014 06:15 AM)wazzel Wrote:  It is sad that the school administration is so homophobic they take it out on an 8 year old tom boy. This girl is just doing what she enjoys. Questioning a kids sexuality at 8 really how sad it that?
...and of course the cure to gayness (should an 8 year old be suspected to be gay) is gender conditioning. Put a girl into a dress, grow her hair long, tie them up with pretty red ribbons, get her into dancing and knitting and just wait for puberty to kick in, she'll be attracted to boys in no time Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
30-03-2014, 12:36 PM
(30-03-2014 11:11 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 10:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Because its easier to teach kids to conform then to teach them how to handle someone whos not exactly the bloody same as them.

What really gets me is the whole house system you have in school. Think of the different houses in Hogwarts,

Each pupil is arbitrarily sorted into one of four houses and then you're told to compete at sports day or whatever. It exploits pack instinct and institutionalises a 'them and us' mentality. It's exactly the same kind of mentality you want from your population if you go to war. Go off and kill people who are no different to you and who would probably be your friends if you met them in different circumstances. Do it because the belong to a different tribe / house / country.

I remember at school thinking how stupid it all was and wondering why people went along with it. It allows people to be more easily controlled by authority.
School uniforms is a stupid idea. Kids need to learn how to deal with aspects of social life, not how to avoid them.

Regarding "sport" houses, I like the idea. The kids get used to the tribe of their class mates. Houses gives them an opportunity to bond (a few times a year) by forming a tribe with kids in different classes. Just as long as the rivalry is fun and not taken too seriously.
When I grew up I had never considered people of different houses to be the enemy.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
30-03-2014, 01:09 PM
(30-03-2014 11:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 10:15 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Wouldn't happen in this country, almost all high schools have strict uniforms in the UK. It seems like the system is designed to beat the individuality out of you.

I'd say part of the reason for uniforms is to help blur the class/wealth differences; also to not have to deal with a complicated dress code - keep it simple.

Fair enough, but does it need to be so strict... In my school (just a normal state high school) you could get in some serious shit for the slightest infringement.

I can understand a basic dress code, but our uniform was enforced with almost military strictness.

The last day was traditionally celebrated by drawing a massive cock and balls on each others shirts...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post