8-Year-Old Girl Disappoints God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: 8-Year-Old Girl Disappoints God
This is just awful. Now it's against their religion to be a tomboy and have short hair. Because we all know your sexuality is determined by your hair length; just like those paintings of Jesus with long hair, wearing a dress.

(28-03-2014 06:28 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  8 year old girls SHOULD be more interested in a talking frog rather than a boy.

This. It bothers me how much people tend to worry about children's sexuality and/or to sexualize them at that age. As well as the whole idea that somehow girls cannot play with trucks and boys cannot play with dolls.

Semi-related: I remember when I was 8 years old and my best friend was a boy named Josh, and the teacher was so "concerned" that I had a male friend and we talked a lot and hung out together, that she called my parents and told them (despite the fact that they already knew who my friends were)! I recall that she used the word "precocious" and I think may have been suggesting we were boyfriend and girlfriend, as if that meant we'd be "experimenting" sexually at age 8. WTF. I was a tomboy and had many male friends because they were the ones I could play kickball and GI Joes with.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
31-03-2014, 07:00 AM
I don't understand the gendered stereotypes. When I was 8 I stole my dads toolbox and took apart everything in the house. EVERYTHING. my brother liked musicals and I liked dump trucks and contruction toys. As adults we're both straight.
Find all posts by this user
31-03-2014, 07:56 AM
(30-03-2014 03:43 PM)amyb Wrote:  This is just awful. Now it's against their religion to be a tomboy and have short hair. Because we all know your sexuality is determined by your hair length; just like those paintings of Jesus with long hair, wearing a dress.

This isn't so much of a religious issue, per se, but more of a political one. The notions of strongly-encoded gender roles is meant, in part, to undermine feminism. They'll loosely site religious justifications for this, but as you've already noted, it's not like they can find the Bible verse that says "Thou shalt not be a tomboy".

(30-03-2014 03:43 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 06:28 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  8 year old girls SHOULD be more interested in a talking frog rather than a boy.

This. It bothers me how much people tend to worry about children's sexuality and/or to sexualize them at that age. As well as the whole idea that somehow girls cannot play with trucks and boys cannot play with dolls.
No kidding. Here is a non-exhaustive list of things my five-year-old girl is interested in:
  • Barbies
  • Dinosaurs
  • Disney princesses
  • Zombies
  • Fantasy weddings
  • Pirates
  • Tea parties
  • Castlevania
  • Arts and crafts
  • Rather violently horsing around
  • Jake and the Neverland Pirates
  • My Little Pony
  • Scooby Doo
Trying to apply any type of gender or sexual-orientation rubric to that is just insane.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
31-03-2014, 08:35 AM
(31-03-2014 07:00 AM)natachan Wrote:  I don't understand the gendered stereotypes. When I was 8 I stole my dads toolbox and took apart everything in the house. EVERYTHING. my brother liked musicals and I liked dump trucks and contruction toys. As adults we're both straight.

I was always neat, organized and clean. Hated being dirty; still do. My sister was always unorganized and managed to get dirty everywhere she went. I also didn't differentiate between dolls and GI Joe's, and back then I liked musicals.

Now I'm a 19, metalhead, man-whore whose mother calls him a slut (jokingly, but she knows). I remember my step dad calling me gay and a little bitch because I don't like cars/mechanical stuff and because I liked musicals at like... 6? 7? He beat me; now I beat him. Simple.

Who the fuck cares? -_-

Atir aissom atir imon
31-03-2014, 09:43 AM
(31-03-2014 08:35 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 07:00 AM)natachan Wrote:  I don't understand the gendered stereotypes. When I was 8 I stole my dads toolbox and took apart everything in the house. EVERYTHING. my brother liked musicals and I liked dump trucks and contruction toys. As adults we're both straight.

I was always neat, organized and clean. Hated being dirty; still do. My sister was always unorganized and managed to get dirty everywhere she went. I also didn't differentiate between dolls and GI Joe's, and back then I liked musicals.

Now I'm a 19, metalhead, man-whore whose mother calls him a slut (jokingly, but she knows). I remember my step dad calling me gay and a little bitch because I don't like cars/mechanical stuff and because I liked musicals at like... 6? 7? He beat me; now I beat him. Simple.

Who the fuck cares? -_-

I was the exact opposite...

If I wasn't in the house I could always be found sitting in a massive mud hole with toy tanks... Covered in all sorts of shit.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2014, 10:05 AM
(31-03-2014 09:43 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 08:35 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I was always neat, organized and clean. Hated being dirty; still do. My sister was always unorganized and managed to get dirty everywhere she went. I also didn't differentiate between dolls and GI Joe's, and back then I liked musicals.

Who the fuck cares? -_-

I was the exact opposite...

If I wasn't in the house I could always be found sitting in a massive mud hole with toy tanks... Covered in all sorts of shit.

Nope nope nope nope nope.
There's only one to get me dirty; if you know what I mean...

Atir aissom atir imon