$800+ Million Lottery - What Would You Do If You Won?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2016, 01:57 PM
RE: $800+ Million Lottery - What Would You Do If You Won?
(08-01-2016 07:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  The Power Ball Lottery is at $800 Million and climbing.

Are you buying a ticket?

What would you do if you won?

How do you think your life would change.... better or no? Why?

My answers:

Are you buying a ticket? Yes, I'll buy 5 Quick Pics

What would you do if you won? Cry, Put up at a hotel until I got it arranged and the basics worked out, then move. I guess I'd make it my career to give it away, start college funds for secular students especially in the sciences, fund help for the vulnerable like; kids, the disabled or elderly and animals. Do something to protect nature. Buy up a bunch of acres and start a preserve. Set up trust funds so it won't get squandered.

How do you think your life would change.... better or no? Why? Probably not for the better in many ways, still be alone, still be older, would worry I or my family might be at risk for bad people to target. Would be fun to spend it, share it but after the initial frenzy wore off "meh". I would enjoy being able to help people so not all bad. Do not think it would make me happy but would make me more useful.

One thing I would buy for myself is a Tesla. Smile

I've asked myself just those questions. Honestly, I think if I won, I'd spend all of my time worrying about someone stealing my money.

I'd probably buy a big chunk of land and put my house at the end of a loooong driveway. Actually, I'd have several houses in different areas so I'd never have to be cold if I don't want to. Someplace I could go when it's cold so I could always experience Summer. I'd keep doing what I do for work, but only part time. I'd go on lots of extended bike tours and I'd have a realllly nice bike, let me tell you, a custom made titanium fat bike. I would hire someone to do all the mundane chores of life and I would pay them well. I'd donate a huge amount to the Ayn Rand Institute. I'd invest enough that I would have a comfortable income for the rest of my life. I'd like to also buy a large piece of land and build a cottage community. All the houses would be under 1,000 square ft. with no access by car, only bicycles. I'd spend my time lavishing these little houses with fine details and then sell them.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
09-01-2016, 02:24 PM
$800+ Million Lottery - What Would You Do If You Won?
I would get out of USA before it crumbles
[+] 1 user Likes MrShangles's post
09-01-2016, 02:25 PM
(09-01-2016 02:24 PM)MrShangles Wrote:  I would get out of USA before it crumbles

Yeah, I might do that. lol

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
09-01-2016, 02:29 PM
(09-01-2016 02:24 PM)MrShangles Wrote:  I would get out of USA before it crumbles

Where we going, Thunder?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-01-2016, 02:38 PM
(09-01-2016 11:31 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 11:29 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  First I'd give half of it to the goobermint to stay out of jail. Second hire some serious personal security.

What would you personal security force be like? Would they be armed or would they be bad ass ninjas?

Ninja bears.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-01-2016, 03:09 PM
(09-01-2016 01:35 PM)DerFish Wrote:  No I won't be buying a ticket because they do not sell them here! But I am into such things.
I decided years ago if I won the millionses I would promote education. Find a dozen young good looking girls and pay all their expenses if they all live with me and go to college and lounge naked around the pool and all that that implies. When the first bunch graduate recruit more.

Blink

Rolleyes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Plan on pick up one after work. I've never played because statisticly I have a better chance of being struck by lighting twice. then I do winning. A waste of money. But $800mil is to tempting an offer. And a fraction of a chance is better then no chance. I already know I'm going to loose. But it who knows.

I'd pay off all my debt, pay back my father plus interest, and take that honeymoon i haven't been able to afford in Europe.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
09-01-2016, 03:58 PM
I'd buy a volcanic island and build a base to carry out my evil plans.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
09-01-2016, 04:25 PM
My state doesn't have powerball, so I won't be getting a ticket.
If I had a ticket that won though, I would find someone who could help me figure out what to do with that kind of money. I then would give a lot away to family, friends, charity.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
09-01-2016, 05:19 PM
I think I'd begin by funding a home for wayward girls and offer the directorship to Jenniebee.