$800+ Million Lottery - What Would You Do If You Won?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: $800+ Million Lottery - What Would You Do If You Won?
(09-01-2016 08:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 08:46 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Beach house on the moon. That's what I'd get for myself.

Most likely you deserved something better than beach house on the moon. Smile

P.S. I love your unique answer.

Thanks! But I can't take credit for it. It's a Jimmy Buffett song. I can't help being a parrot head.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
09-01-2016, 09:04 PM
(09-01-2016 07:10 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 06:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think unless you're old or someone who's very good with large sums of money such as stockbroker or some banking job thingy that you'd be stupid to not take the over 29 years payout option.

What if the lottery goes broke like it has here in Illinois?

You American's are so fucking weird...
How the fuck a lotto goes tits up is beyond me.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-01-2016, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 09:44 PM by Nurse.)
No, didn't buy a ticket. Never have. Don't plan on it.

For shits and giggles 'cos this is just plain fun to daydream about:

My very first course of action? I'd quite likely take a few hits of LSD and trip fucking balls while trying to gain perspective about what I wanted to do with my new life as my molecules temporarily lost cohesion.

Obviously I'd hire a financial advisor. I'd first make a debt free existence for myself, my family members and closest friends. Trust fund for my son and nephews. Set up scholarship funds at UAH (Popeye's Pappy and I have the same idea there). Have an organic farm in southern Tennessee. Work PRN and maintain my RN licensure (so I could have a voice with the Board of Nursing). Travel. Hire a personal assistant because I can barely keep shit straight as it is.

Would I give *most* of it away to charity? No. Not because I would want to hoard it, but because money is power. I would use it to go into politics and reform American healthcare (including mental health) and education - make a bigger impact amounting to billions improving the quality of life for Americans across the board rather than me donating a couple hundred million.

Not sure how much I would actually spend on charity, but I wouldn't be keeping *all* of it. I think my first charity focus would include sending organic food from my farm home in backpacks for area children as well as to homeless shelters - nearly 1 in 5 American children live in a home that struggles to put food on the table. My son went to bed with a full stomach; it's estimated that 16 million American children didn't have that luxury tonight.

My second focus would be working with DHR and "at risk" kids - helping to ensure the social workers actually had available the much needed resources to provide kids in abusive/neglectful situations.

Oh, and decorate my farm with stuff from Anthropologie, have tons of indoor plants/green space, deck out my kitchen with gadgets and cookware from Williams-Sonoma, a basement with a decked out machine shop and lab so my brother, my son, and myself could play mad scientist...because I could afford it and it'd be hella awesome. I'd have various themed gardens (secret garden, giant chess board, orchard, French potager...) and give school tours for kids to learn the inner workings of farm life, how to live sustainably, etc.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
09-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Donate 700M to cancer research and buy a truly awesome drumkit. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
09-01-2016, 11:05 PM
(09-01-2016 09:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 07:10 PM)pablo Wrote:  What if the lottery goes broke like it has here in Illinois?

You American's are so fucking weird...
How the fuck a lotto goes tits up is beyond me.

Here's the really weird thing, they're still selling tickets and people are still buying them. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
09-01-2016, 11:21 PM
Five tickets, hit one number total. Now I remember why I never waste money on this shit.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
09-01-2016, 11:26 PM
I got 2 numbers but no Powerball number so... zip!

Sadcryface2

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
10-01-2016, 06:48 AM
There's a sign on Interstate-71 between Columbus and Cincinnati. Big red letters on a black background that read "Hell is real." I'd buy the next billboard down the road and put up a similar sign that says "It's in Michigan!"

Sapere aude
[+] 3 users Like f stop's post
10-01-2016, 10:09 AM
[img][Image: PB_zps0yzwnnvv.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
10-01-2016, 01:40 PM
(10-01-2016 06:48 AM)f stop Wrote:  There's a sign on Interstate-71 between Columbus and Cincinnati. Big red letters on a black background that read "Hell is real." I'd buy the next billboard down the road and put up a similar sign that says "It's in Michigan!"

Oh my Jesus I passed a billboard that said Poweball $999 million. Nursey might be playing the lotto for the first time after all - if I don't play my odds of winning are the same as me going to hell. I'm gonna play the Pascal's Powerball - "what if..."

Oh, and fuck work. I'm not gonna stay PRN. I slept on it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post