$800+ Million Lottery - What Would You Do If You Won?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 01:48 PM
RE: $800+ Million Lottery - What Would You Do If You Won?
Move, and save the rest

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2016, 01:55 PM
No one picked the right number, it's up to 1.3 Billion dollars now. Shocking

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-01-2016, 01:57 PM
(10-01-2016 01:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  No one picked the right number, it's up to 1.3 Billion dollars now. Shocking

[Image: Mother-Of-God.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
10-01-2016, 02:05 PM
(10-01-2016 01:57 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 01:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  No one picked the right number, it's up to 1.3 Billion dollars now. Shocking

[Image: Mother-Of-God.jpg]

yes?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
10-01-2016, 02:38 PM
I don't normally buy lottery tickets, but might just be fun wishing on a star ...

Money doesn't buy happiness though. Many sad stories of lottery ''winners.''

Be true to yourself. Heart
10-01-2016, 02:58 PM
(10-01-2016 06:48 AM)f stop Wrote:  There's a sign on Interstate-71 between Columbus and Cincinnati. Big red letters on a black background that read "Hell is real." I'd buy the next billboard down the road and put up a similar sign that says "It's in Michigan!"

Yup.

It's about 15 miles northwest of Ann Arbor.....

They have a motorcycle run there every spring...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-01-2016, 03:17 PM
(10-01-2016 02:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 06:48 AM)f stop Wrote:  There's a sign on Interstate-71 between Columbus and Cincinnati. Big red letters on a black background that read "Hell is real." I'd buy the next billboard down the road and put up a similar sign that says "It's in Michigan!"

Yup.

It's about 15 miles northwest of Ann Arbor.....

They have a motorcycle run there every spring...

It would be fun to buy a sign next it saying "citation please!" and an arrow pointing to the hell is real sign. A billion dollars could buy signs next to all the silly christian signs that dot the roadsides across the US. I'd buy billboards disputing every one of them. Yeah! Hope I win just for that reason along. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-01-2016, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 07:32 PM by beeglez.)
Yes, I bought a ticket.

If I win, I'll keep my mouth shut and not cash it in until I hire a financial advisor and an attorney.

As far as what I'd do with it, obviously I'd pay off my mortgage and student loans so I could be debt free. I'd also pay off my dad's debt and buy my sister the rental house she is living in. I'd have my financial advisor advise me on how to make sure I'm set for life, then I'd travel anywhere I wanted to go. Probably would not move from my modest 1200sf home, but I'd renovate - add a bigger kitchen and a pool, then I'd hire a personal chef.

Charity wise, I'd donate to local homeless shelters, animal shelters, and food pantries. I'd donate generously to the local atheist group that was so warm and welcoming to me when I first left religion. St. Jude Children's Hospital, Ronald McDonald House, American Atheists and Freedom From Religion Foundation would be on my list. In addition to that, I'd pick a few medical research causes and contribute to them.

Finally, I'd have my attorney field private requests for donations to avoid being ripped off. I heard of a family who received an anonymous gift of a $40,000 piece of medical equipment that will change the life of their severely ill child. I'd love to be able to just write a check for $40,000 to help someone like that. Part of that would include donating my services as a veterinarian to help people who want to care for their pets but can't because of money. That's the worse part of my job - looking at someone and knowing if they has a few hundred or a few thousand dollars, their pet could be saved, yet having to euthanize it. It sucks and is emotionally draining. I can only afford to give away a limited amount of pro bono services right now, but I'd do more if I could.
[+] 2 users Like beeglez's post
10-01-2016, 07:32 PM
TTAF conference on Vancouver Island. Complimentary plane tickets for all.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
10-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Also, I would put beeg and several other vets on a $100,000/year budget to cover medical costs and lost pay. $40,000 to the vet for their work, $10,000 for the vet to give as staff bonuses to encourage and reward charity/volunteer work, and $50,000 for medical costs to be used at the vets discretion for needy patients. I'd also fund tons of spay/neuter clinics.

Or something along those lines. I e actually thought long and hard about how to best donate to animals, particularly dogs, and have concluded the best way is through charitable vets.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post