8th Republican Debate 2016 Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2016, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 12:48 AM by Vosur.)
8th Republican Debate 2016 Discussion
Did anyone else watch this debate today? I stayed up until 6am so that I could watch it live. I have a few thoughts I want to share about what I saw this morning.

On John Kasich
This was definitely one of his better debates. He made an excellent case for why he has been a capable governor and I think that he should be given the opportunity to put those skills to work a national scale - just not as POTUS. I hope that he'll drop out of the race after NH or SC to endorse Trump. Maybe he could become his VP/running mate. I enjoyed the moment when Christie and Kasich acknowledged each other's outstanding track records. I think the two of them (or the three, if you add in Trump) would make a great team.

On Jeb Bush
Americans are not going to vote another Bush into the oval office, period. The polls show it and so do the results of the Iowa caucuses. The man spent over a $100m on campaigning and yet he's still doing so poorly. He should just drop out to stop embarrassing himself and his toxic family even further.

On Marco Rubio
In hindsight, I can't believe that I ever thought this man could become a threat to Donald Trump's chances in New Hampshire. His absurd performance in the Iowa caucuses (potentially due to Microsoft's involvement, but let's not get conspiratorial here) had me worried that he might be getting a lot of momentum, but it turns out that there is no reason to be concerned about him. Rubio got absolutely blown the fuck out tonight. Chris Christie made sure that he's going to lose the New Hampshire primaries big time. When Marco repeated his canned response the first time, I thought something was wrong with my stream and it was looping, but no, he actually repeated the exact same little speech word-for-word. When it happened again after Christie explicitly called him out on it, I couldn't believe my ears. The first time the audience clapped, the second time they were dead silent and the third time they started booing him. I don't think he's going to recover from this anytime soon, if ever.

On Donald Trump
He definitely looked a lot more presidential tonight and I think that's going to be a big help. He kept the personal attacks to a minimum and his answers were much more detailed, specific and on-point compared to previous debates. One of the things I like most about him is that he doesn't care about being politically correct. He calls a spade a spade regardless of anyone's hurt feelings. I loved the part where he called out the audience for being special interest shills. One thing I noticed in particular is that many of the other candidates have started to basically copy his positions on various issues. Cruz, for example, now also plans to build a proper wall. He even realized mid-way through his speech that he sounded a lot like Trump and tried to play it off with a little joke.

On Ted Cruz
This despicable rat is very lucky that Carson is such a kind-hearted man. He had the opportunity to completely obliterate Cruz because of his borderline fraud in the Iowa caucuses but chose not to because of Ronald Reagan's 11th amendment ("Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican."). Ted claimed that his campaign received the information from a CNN report, but as Carson rightly pointed out, they corrected themselves only minutes after the initial report. Not only that, their report didn't say anything about Carson dropping out of the presidential race. Two phone call recordings were released in the past couple of days which showed that Cruz' campaign contributors spread the myth that Carson would be dropping out and encouraged voters to vote for Cruz instead. He is such a disgusting, slimy worm of a man. Between that and the fraudulent mails he sent out to thousands of voters in Iowa, I'm very confident that Trump would have won the Iowa caucuses if it hadn't been for Cruz' dirty tricks.

On Ben Carson
I wouldn't want to see him as president because of his complete lack of qualifications for the position (and because of his stance on various scientific issues), but I do like him very much as a person, especially after this debate. On the one hand, I disagree with his decision to hold back on Cruz because I think that snake absolutely deserved to be blown the fuck out the same way that Rubio was. On the other hand, I can barely put into words just how much I respect the man for making this decision. It would have been politically advantageous for him to slam Cruz, but he decided to do what he genuinely believed to be the right thing instead and spared him. In some ways, I admire this man even more than Trump, but I don't think he'd be a good choice for president. I really don't like the fact that so few questions are directed towards him in almost every single debate.

On Chris Christie
This guy was on fire today. He annihilated Rubio with pin-point accuracy and showed him no mercy. He made a convincing case for why Rubio and Hillary Clinton would be a disaster as POTUS. Just like Kasich, I would like him to be on Team Trump. I think they could accomplish great things together.

Edit: Here are a few of my favorite moments from the debate:

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
07-02-2016, 12:47 AM
RE: 8th Republican Debate 2016 Discussion
I'm hoping that when all the poo flinging stops Kasich will emerge as the least fetid.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-02-2016, 01:27 AM
(06-02-2016 11:45 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Did anyone else watch this debate today? I stayed up until 6am so that I could watch it live. I have a few thoughts I want to share about what I saw this morning.

On John Kasich
This was definitely one of his better debates. He made an excellent case for why he has been a capable governor and I think that he should be given the opportunity to put those skills to work a national scale - just not as POTUS. I hope that he'll drop out of the race after NH or SC to endorse Trump. Maybe he could become his VP/running mate. I enjoyed the moment when Christie and Kasich acknowledged each other's outstanding track records. I think the two of them (or the three, if you add in Trump) would make a great team.

On Jeb Bush
Americans are not going to vote another Bush into the oval office, period. The polls show it and so do the results of the Iowa caucuses. The man spent over a $100m on campaigning and yet he's still doing so poorly. He should just drop out to stop embarrassing himself and his toxic family even further.

On Marco Rubio
In hindsight, I can't believe that I ever thought this man could become a threat to Donald Trump's chances in New Hampshire. His absurd performance in the Iowa caucuses (potentially due to Microsoft's involvement, but let's not get conspiratorial here) had me worried that he might be getting a lot of momentum, but it turns out that there is no reason to be concerned about him. Rubio got absolutely blown the fuck out tonight. Chris Christie made sure that he's going to lose the New Hampshire primaries big time. When Marco repeated his canned response the first time, I thought something was wrong with my stream and it was looping, but no, he actually repeated the exact same little speech word-for-word. When it happened again after Christie explicitly called him out on it, I couldn't believe my ears. The first time the audience clapped, the second time they were dead silent and the third time they started booing him. I don't think he's going to recover from this anytime soon, if ever.

On Donald Trump
He definitely looked a lot more presidential tonight and I think that's going to be a big help. He kept the personal attacks to a minimum and his answers were much more detailed, specific and on-point compared to previous debates. One of the things I like most about him is that he doesn't care about being politically correct. He calls a spade a spade regardless of anyone's hurt feelings. I loved the part where he called out the audience for being special interest shills. One thing I noticed in particular is that many of the other candidates have started to basically copy his positions on various issues. Cruz, for example, now also plans to build a proper wall. He even realized mid-way through his speech that he sounded a lot like Trump and tried to play it off with a little joke.

On Ted Cruz
This despicable rat is very lucky that Carson is such a kind-hearted man. He had the opportunity to completely obliterate Cruz because of his borderline fraud in the Iowa caucuses but chose not to because of Ronald Reagan's 11th amendment ("Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican."). Ted claimed that his campaign received the information from a CNN report, but as Carson rightly pointed out, they corrected themselves only minutes after the initial report. Not only that, their report didn't say anything about Carson dropping out of the presidential race. Two phone call recordings were released in the past couple of days which showed that Cruz' campaign contributors spread the myth that Carson would be dropping out and encouraged voters to vote for Cruz instead. He is such a disgusting, slimy worm of a man. Between that and the fraudulent mails he sent out to thousands of voters in Iowa, I'm very confident that Trump would have won the Iowa caucuses if it hadn't been for Cruz' dirty tricks.

On Ben Carson
I wouldn't want to see him as president because of his complete lack of qualifications for the position (and because of his stance on various scientific issues), but I do like him very much as a person, especially after this debate. On the one hand, I disagree with his decision to hold back on Cruz because I think that snake absolutely deserved to be blown the fuck out the same way that Rubio was. On the other hand, I can barely put into words just how much I respect the man for making this decision. It would have been politically advantageous for him to slam Cruz, but he decided to do what he genuinely believed to be the right thing instead and spared him. In some ways, I admire this man even more than Trump, but I don't think he'd be a good choice for president. I really don't like the fact that so few questions are directed towards him in almost every single debate.

On Chris Christie
This guy was on fire today. He annihilated Rubio with pin-point accuracy and showed him no mercy. He made a convincing case for why Rubio and Hillary Clinton would be a disaster as POTUS. Just like Kasich, I would like him to be on Team Trump. I think they could accomplish great things together.

Edit: Here are a few of my favorite moments from the debate:

When a Bush is your best candidate you know you done fucked up.

edit: Just watched the video. Ummm... wtf?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
07-02-2016, 06:50 AM
I watched it.
Trump displayed his demagoguery and fear-mongering in full flower, not to mention his rudeness and arrogance.

Anyone who falls for his bluster is blind.

Bush, Kasich, and Christie all did pretty well.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-02-2016, 07:09 AM
I voted for Jebbie whenever as Governor, and I would vote for him again, not holding his insane brother against him.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
07-02-2016, 06:59 PM
(07-02-2016 07:09 AM)DerFish Wrote:  I voted for Jebbie whenever as Governor, and I would vote for him again, not holding his insane brother against him.

Yea I mean I'm very different to my sister, we would make vastly different PMs. I'd be fantastic, she'd be shit.

Jeb isn't an ideal President, but at this point at least the only thing wrong with him is that he's just a normal Republican. I'd take a normal Republican as US president over Trump, Cruz or Carson any day of the week.
And the young senator is retarded and has no grasp of "real life" and the fat guy will never get in because he's fat and looks like a dubious mattress salesmen.

[Image: oscar.png]
07-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Quote:8th Republican Debate 2016

Fewer turds on stage but just as big a pile of bullshit as ever.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
07-02-2016, 08:19 PM
(07-02-2016 07:37 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Fewer turds on stage but just as big a pile of bullshit as ever.
I'm loving the substantive comments here. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
07-02-2016, 09:08 PM
(07-02-2016 08:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 07:37 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Fewer turds on stage but just as big a pile of bullshit as ever.

What do you expect when you mention the name Bush?

That family is forever tainted. With stupidity. And anyone who votes for one is recognised internationally as an imbecile.

[Image: bushdoofus.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-02-2016, 09:27 PM
(07-02-2016 08:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

The comments are about as substantive as the candidates. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post