8th Republican Debate 2016 Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: 8th Republican Debate 2016 Discussion
(06-02-2016 11:45 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Did anyone else watch this debate today? I stayed up until 6am so that I could watch it live. I have a few thoughts I want to share about what I saw this morning.

Just the opening part with the three goofs during the intros. SNL made the joke about this being the only time Jeb! Bush will pass Trump.

(06-02-2016 11:45 PM)Vosur Wrote:  On John Kasich
This was definitely one of his better debates. He made an excellent case for why he has been a capable governor and I think that he should be given the opportunity to put those skills to work a national scale - just not as POTUS. I hope that he'll drop out of the race after NH or SC to endorse Trump. Maybe he could become his VP/running mate. I enjoyed the moment when Christie and Kasich acknowledged each other's outstanding track records. I think the two of them (or the three, if you add in Trump) would make a great team.

Looking At Kasich, this shows how fractured and ideological the GOP has become. If the GOP were picking candidates solely for electabilty, you'd think Kasich would be their man, hands down. He's more moderate than most of the others, which really helps with getting votes in the general election, and he's from Ohio. Ohio is typically an important battleground state each election, and the GOP hasn't won without carrying it in several decades.

Sadly (or luckily, depending on your view), he's doing terribly in the national polls. This really highlights the issues we have with only passionate/extreme voters participating in the primaries.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2016, 12:51 PM
RE: 8th Republican Debate 2016 Discussion
(07-02-2016 08:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 07:37 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Fewer turds on stage but just as big a pile of bullshit as ever.
I'm loving the substantive comments here. Laugh out load

Here's some substance for you: Trump and waterboarding

What an ass. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post