9,000th post ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 04:12 AM
9,000th post ...
... so, unlike my previous km-stone marker at 3,000 and being a Mod now, I'm going to get this one right.

Consider

Actually, I was going to use the same joke but I've changed my mind, so I will start with an apology...

I can do more +repping now and some of you (with the appropriate propitiations (thanks to Hitch for that alliteration)) may see the result of that.

The apology goes to those of you to whom from me you received your first +rep.
(yes, Vos, that sentence is grammatically correct)

Yes, it's pathetic and childish but I'm proud of the fact that I was first to spot your talent and if I rep you again, I won't have that reminder anymore. So please accept an imaginary +2 rep.

Other than that, I thought that I would mention that I'm thinking about actually doing something useful and applying my knowledge of best practices to do a review of what we do here from the angle of the TTA forum being an IT service.

It's mainly for fun i.e. my own personal amusement but if you start seeing the occasional odd post relating to, I dunno, Service Metrics or RACI charts, you'll know where it's coming from.

Anyway, that's all.

It is a pleasure to serve as your new Mod*

Bowing

*My new a completely insincere motto.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
27-04-2014, 04:16 AM
RE: 9,000th post ...
(27-04-2014 04:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The apology goes to those of you to whom from me you received your first +rep.
Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean it's not ugly from an aesthetic point of view. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
27-04-2014, 05:44 AM
(27-04-2014 04:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... so, unlike my previous km-stone marker at 3,000 and being a Mod now, I'm going to get this one right.

Consider

Actually, I was going to use the same joke but I've changed my mind, so I will start with an apology...

I can do more +repping now and some of you (with the appropriate propitiations (thanks to Hitch for that alliteration)) may see the result of that.

The apology goes to those of you to whom from me you received your first +rep.

Yes, it's pathetic and childish but I'm proud of the fact that I was first to spot your talent and if I rep you again, I won't have that reminder anymore. So please accept an imaginary +2 rep.

Other than that, I thought that I would mention that I'm thinking about actually doing something useful and applying my knowledge of best practices to do a review of what we do here from the angle of the TTA forum being an IT service.

It's mainly for fun i.e. my own personal amusement but if you start seeing the occasional odd post relating to, I dunno, Service Metrics or RACI charts, you'll know where it's coming from.

Anyway, that's all.

It is a pleasure to serve as your new Mod*

Bowing

*My new a completely insincere motto.

9,000 posts?

Good on ya, DLJ. Hope you stick around for a long time to come.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-04-2014, 05:58 AM
You'd better starting thinking about what to do your 10,000 post. Modern society uses base 10 because we have 10 fingers and 10 toes and therefore that means that the post you make should be a significant one. Just because, you know ... reasons.

Maybe you should have your 10,000th post tattooed on your lower back in advance?
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
27-04-2014, 06:45 AM
(27-04-2014 05:58 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You'd better starting thinking about what to do your 10,000 post. Modern society uses base 10 because we have 10 fingers and 10 toes and therefore that means that the post you make should be a significant one. Just because, you know ... reasons.

Maybe you should have your 10,000th post tattooed on your lower back in advance?

DLJ with a tramp-stamp ? Gasp

Hey, but congates on being a diarrhea poster Laugh out load

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
27-04-2014, 06:49 AM
weak

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
27-04-2014, 07:14 AM
(27-04-2014 06:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  weak

Maybe, maybe ... but ... y'know.

I know I must try harder to emulate you, my dear friend.

Now I'm feeling quite nostalgic.

Do you remember that time we had a mini rep war?
You were ahead and then I was ahead and then you again.

Fun times.

Angel

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
27-04-2014, 07:19 AM
(27-04-2014 07:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 06:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  weak

Maybe, maybe ... but ... y'know.

I know I must try harder to emulate you, my dear friend.

Now I'm feeling quite nostalgic.

Do you remember that time we had a mini rep war?
You were ahead and then I was ahead and then you again.

Fun times.

Angel

I do, I do. In the end though I decided to be the better man and allow you to win and rise to the level of rep you have today.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
27-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Goodness...I just looked back, you repped me over a year and a half ago...has it really been that long? Weeping

We were both just forum babies back then. Now you have 9K posts and I have 8K...we grew up too fast. Sadcryface

Much love DLJ...still my man of mystery.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-04-2014, 08:36 AM
I'm over here slowly chugging my way toward 1000. It feels like I'm a preteen looking at old age Tongue

Also boo! I'm pretty sure you were the first one to rep me, now I'm disappointed my +2 is only imaginary. Weeping

Ps congratulations, Your Modness. Big Grin

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post