9/11 Conspiracy Theorists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2010, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2010 03:27 AM by No J..)
9/11 Conspiracy Theorists
I watched a National Geographic show on the 9/11 Conspiracy Theories.
I noticed that conspiracy theosists behave exactly like religious fundimentalists and YEC's etc. The difference is that they don't have a holy book or 9/11 Conspiracy Theory indoctranated upbringing.

These people are not repeating dogma (at least the originators aren't) they are making it up as they go, and as soon as they make something up they automatically believe that it is true (or at least appear to). They test nothing and reject any test which refutes their arguments (all tests have refuted their arguements).

Studying these idiots may be a good way to learn how religions start from scratch (as opposed to sects that are breaking away from established religions). Some idiot wants to influence others so he/she will do anything that he/she can do to sway others. They don't have to believe it themselves, they just have to convince others that they believe it. Those that believe their own lies are often more convincing, thus more successful in their deceptions.

The psychology that gives them the power to sway people so profoundly is the scariest thing on this planet.

There are only two teachers that I have read about who include in their courses, an experiment that teaches their students to recognize these tactics in others and to realize that they need to be constantly vigilant to prevent themselves from being victimized.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2010, 03:48 AM
RE: 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists
Wow, I'm glad that there are teachers out there willing to devote their time to train that kind of critical thinking! It's a skill that I'm sorry to say most people just haven't invested much practice into.

My brother is one of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists, and interestingly enough that's what made me skeptic at first. He tends to believe in just about every outrageous conspiracy theory out there, so I did research on it and saw that the arguments I thought were convincing were actually rather invalid. Not to say I was never suspicious about it. I'd be lying if I said that I never had doubts.

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2010, 04:02 AM
What does it mean that ''9/11 was an insect job''?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
12-09-2010, 05:05 AM

(12-09-2010 04:02 AM)Kikko Wrote:  What does it mean that ''9/11 was an insect job''?

That's a play on words. Stark Raving has a thing for insects (given his avatar and the "do I bug you" tagline). Some people claim that 9/11 was an "inside" job, meaning that the government is responsible for it and trying to start a war with Islam. He substituted "inside" with "insect" because he's a little "buggy" (crazy).
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2010, 05:49 AM
(12-09-2010 05:05 AM)Soldieringon Wrote:  
(12-09-2010 04:02 AM)Kikko Wrote:  What does it mean that ''9/11 was an insect job''?

That's a play on words. Stark Raving has a thing for insects (given his avatar and the "do I bug you" tagline). Some people claim that 9/11 was an "inside" job, meaning that the government is responsible for it and trying to start a war with Islam. He substituted "inside" with "insect" because he's a little "buggy" (crazy).

O'. That explains everything. It's all clear now, it's Start Raving whose behind this cover up.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
12-09-2010, 06:13 AM

There is a very good video series on Youtube, which I can't find at the moment, were someone has taken the entire Loose Change video, and address and debunks each assertion made by the Loose Change guys.. If I managed to rediscover it, I'll post the link.
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2010, 07:19 AM
I believe one of the "theories" is that planes never hit the buildings. If that's true, then my brother-in-law is in on the whole conspiracy because he was there and watched the 2nd plane hit the tower.

....or so he claims.

There are some very, very, very stupid people in the world.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
12-09-2010, 10:36 AM
I watched the 2nd plane hit the tower. I was on the phone with my mother talking about the first hit.
12-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Did you see it live or on TV? My BiL saw it live. He worked in the World Financial Center and had just gotten off the ferry when the first plane hit. There was too much falling debris for him to walk to the office and he just waited and saw the 2nd plane come and smash into the Tower. He also had the pleasure of watching people jump form the burning towers to their deaths.

I'm taking his account over any crazy conspiracy theory.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
12-09-2010, 02:37 PM
(12-09-2010 05:49 AM)Kikko Wrote:  
(12-09-2010 05:05 AM)Soldieringon Wrote:  

O'. That explains everything. It's all clear now, it's Start Raving whose behind this cover up.

Damn. You guys found me out. Guess it's time to go underground for another five years. Later!

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Conspiracy theories that have come true. Metazoa Zeke 20 407 30-06-2014 12:58 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Church conspiracy theories. BlackMason 4 153 04-05-2014 11:44 AM
Last Post: BlackMason
  MH 370 Conspiracy Theories Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 9 586 24-04-2014 11:26 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Found a bat shit crazy conspiracy theory website ... TheLogicalAthiest 6 256 24-03-2014 04:38 PM
Last Post: Chas
  What's the craziest conspiracy theory you can come up with? Tartarus Sauce 85 2,681 17-03-2014 10:28 AM
Last Post: Just Another Atheist
  Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura Punk Pumpkin 18 496 09-03-2014 09:36 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Is a Conspiracy Theorist someone who ignorantly believes things,? Kymatica 45 1,222 04-11-2013 01:13 PM
Last Post: cjlr