9/11 EXPOSED

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-10-2015, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2015 05:58 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: 9/11 EXPOSED
(21-10-2015 05:30 PM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  Notice I did not say anything about how much the barbell weighed. So you cannot lift a 30 pound barbell over your head without clenching your teeth?

If you ain't lifting big rocks off the ground or keeping them from falling to the ground you ain't weightlifting. And yes if I do one-hand snatches with a bare 44 lb barbell with no load I am clenching my teeth and clenching my core. Try it, you'll see. Balance is key. And I've never purchased a 30 lb junk barbell. Dumbbells sure, but Olympic barbells are 44 lbs. If it ain't, it's junk.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2015, 05:46 AM
9/11 EXPOSED
Is this thread for all the 9/11 conspiracies? I recently heard a new one. (New to me, anyway. Quite sure I'm out of the loop.)
Apparently, there's quite a large group that insists 9/11 was planned and carried out by Jews and sanctioned by Isreal. It's all a part of their nefarious master plan... (cue dramatic music)
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
22-10-2015, 06:16 AM
(22-10-2015 05:46 AM)mecanna Wrote:  Is this thread for all the 9/11 conspiracies? I recently heard a new one. (New to me, anyway. Quite sure I'm out of the loop.)
Apparently, there's quite a large group that insists 9/11 was planned and carried out by Jews and sanctioned by Isreal. It's all a part of their nefarious master plan... (cue dramatic music)

That's been around since the event, including the claim that many, if not all, Jews stayed away from the towers that day.
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/israel.asp

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
22-10-2015, 10:22 AM
(22-10-2015 05:46 AM)mecanna Wrote:  Is this thread for all the 9/11 conspiracies? I recently heard a new one. (New to me, anyway. Quite sure I'm out of the loop.)

It's always the Jews. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-10-2015, 02:53 PM
The REAL story -

[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
28-10-2015, 03:35 PM
So lecture today the issue of collapse and how to plan for it came up. And what example did we use? Yup. From my professor:

"I was in my lab when my wife called me and told me a plane had flown into the World Trade Center. I was shaken but said the buildings would probably be ok, since they were designed for that. Later when the second plane hit I was watching CNN and we knew it was intentional. I know for 100% that the fire is what brought it down. At around 700-800 degrees Fahrenheit the crystal structure of steel changes and it loses most of its strength. If we go to our stress strain diagram (he had a few on display) it pushed it past the plastic limit and the buckling limit. This triggered cascading failure."
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
28-10-2015, 04:25 PM
There are still quite a lot of people apparently who don't believe that the plane was enough to bring down those buildings. Good to know your structures professor is actively spreading the word otherwise.

I haven't read through this whole thread, but I have a coworker who brought up a loony theory a couple weeks ago that I hadn't heard yet (although I never paid much attention to the 9/11 conspiracies). My coworker swears that a plane never hit the pentagon, and points to the lack of pictures or videos showing the impact. To give him some credit, the sole video is rather terrible/grainy (due to low refresh rate though) and there aren't many good pictures of the plane itself in the pentagon (there's a couple showing plane parts, easy enough to "fabricate" those I suppose...), but there are literally hundreds of eyewitnesses who say it was indeed a plane, people inside and out of the Pentagon. Apparently there are still people though (at least my coworker) who think the government bombed itself with a Tomahawk missile... sigh. I've been trying to avoid non-work-related conversations with him since then. The frustrating thing though is that he isn't remotely dumb, he's a very intelligent engineer, just an overactive imagination I suppose.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
28-10-2015, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2015 04:34 PM by Chas.)
(21-10-2015 05:01 PM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 12:38 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Neither the 'Levels' nor 'Floor' held up any weight.

So, just to be clear, your assertion is that the 'levels'/'floors' were load bearing. Yes? No?

If a man picks up a barbell and lifts it over his head then his teeth and ears and stomach were not involved in doing the lift but they are just as much part of the man as his bones and muscles.

Each level had glass and stairs and sinks which had nothing to do with supporting the weight above. It was the columns that supported the weight but they were also part of each 12 foot height of any given LEVEL. If you are impressed by your semantic games that is your problem, but something on every level had to be strong enough to support the weight above so someone decided how much steel was necessary to do that for each level all of the way down the buildings.

So continuing this debate without admitting the relevance of the distribution of steel down the towers is totally idiotic.

psik

The frame supported its weight and the weight of the floors that were suspended from it as a whole system.

The steel that supported each floor was not designed to support the weight of multiple floors, especially when weakened by heat.

When the floors started pancaking they damaged the structural system so that it was no longer self-supporting.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2015, 08:48 PM
(28-10-2015 04:25 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  There are still quite a lot of people apparently who don't believe that the plane was enough to bring down those buildings. Good to know your structures professor is actively spreading the word otherwise.

I haven't read through this whole thread, but I have a coworker who brought up a loony theory a couple weeks ago that I hadn't heard yet (although I never paid much attention to the 9/11 conspiracies). My coworker swears that a plane never hit the pentagon, and points to the lack of pictures or videos showing the impact. To give him some credit, the sole video is rather terrible/grainy (due to low refresh rate though) and there aren't many good pictures of the plane itself in the pentagon (there's a couple showing plane parts, easy enough to "fabricate" those I suppose...), but there are literally hundreds of eyewitnesses who say it was indeed a plane, people inside and out of the Pentagon. Apparently there are still people though (at least my coworker) who think the government bombed itself with a Tomahawk missile... sigh. I've been trying to avoid non-work-related conversations with him since then. The frustrating thing though is that he isn't remotely dumb, he's a very intelligent engineer, just an overactive imagination I suppose.

Here is a video of the flight of a jet fighter into a reinforced concrete structure. It was done as a demonstration of the ability of a nuclear power plant containment vessel to survive that sort of attack.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jet+flie...8&oe=utf-8

The Pentagon is certain to have that level of building reinforcement, given the mission, I would think.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
28-10-2015, 09:39 PM
(28-10-2015 08:48 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 04:25 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  There are still quite a lot of people apparently who don't believe that the plane was enough to bring down those buildings. Good to know your structures professor is actively spreading the word otherwise.

Here is a video of the flight of a jet fighter into a reinforced concrete structure. It was done as a demonstration of the ability of a nuclear power plant containment vessel to survive that sort of attack.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jet+flie...8&oe=utf-8

The Pentagon is certain to have that level of building reinforcement, given the mission, I would think.

A commercial airplane is quite a bit larger and heavier than a jet. It would carry much more force behind it, naturally.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user