9/11 EXPOSED

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-12-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: 9/11 EXPOSED
(18-12-2015 09:38 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 04:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Girly, I cant watch videos at the moment can you tell me what the vid is about as the title is kinda nebulous and could mean either pro conspiracy or anti conspiracy all best wishes to you and yours Adey.

Guy shows what heating steel does. He uses a forge and heats a steel rod to 300* over jet fuel and folds it in half with 1 finger.
Thanks for that, the title is odd, to me it sounds like he's saying that the very thing he's is demonstrating is wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2015, 09:46 AM
(18-12-2015 09:38 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 04:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Girly, I cant watch videos at the moment can you tell me what the vid is about as the title is kinda nebulous and could mean either pro conspiracy or anti conspiracy all best wishes to you and yours Adey.

Guy shows what heating steel does. He uses a forge and heats a steel rod to 300* over jet fuel and folds it in half with 1 finger.

yabut, that was 300 degrees hotter than jet fuel so it doesn't apply to the towers...

or something like that

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
18-12-2015, 06:01 PM
(18-12-2015 09:46 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 09:38 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Guy shows what heating steel does. He uses a forge and heats a steel rod to 300* over jet fuel and folds it in half with 1 finger.

yabut, that was 300 degrees hotter than jet fuel so it doesn't apply to the towers...

or something like that

Well it never could have gotten to that temperature without collapsing so the difference is moot.

Adey the title is calling the "Jet Fuel can't melt steel beams" argument moronic but I can see how it comes off a bit clunky.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-12-2015, 04:05 AM
(18-12-2015 06:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 09:46 AM)unfogged Wrote:  yabut, that was 300 degrees hotter than jet fuel so it doesn't apply to the towers...

or something like that

Well it never could have gotten to that temperature without collapsing so the difference is moot.

Adey the title is calling the "Jet Fuel can't melt steel beams" argument moronic but I can see how it comes off a bit clunky.

Thanks Rev I read it as jet fuel argument being moronic. Glad to know Girly hasn't gone all conspiratorial on us lol.
24-12-2015, 11:28 AM
(17-12-2015 05:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I tried commenting on this video on another site and Mick moved it to a thread that he created.

My question was: Why didn't the buildings sag as the steel was heated instead of suddenly collapsing?

He heated a piece of steel in a furnace and demonstrated how weak it became. That is good as far as it goes.

But that steel was not under stress as it was being heated. The steel supporting the weight of the north tower was under constant stress. So due to heating it would have had to reach 99% strength, then 98%, 97%, etc, etc. Since the building had to have a safety factor it might not have sagged until it was down to 80%. But still it should have begun moving slowly as the stressed steel got weaker and weaker.

So what actually happened?

psik
24-12-2015, 11:43 AM
(24-12-2015 11:28 AM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  

I tried commenting on this video on another site and Mick moved it to a thread that he created.

My question was: Why didn't the buildings sag as the steel was heated instead of suddenly collapsing?

He heated a piece of steel in a furnace and demonstrated how weak it became. That is good as far as it goes.

But that steel was not under stress as it was being heated. The steel supporting the weight of the north tower was under constant stress. So due to heating it would have had to reach 99% strength, then 98%, 97%, etc, etc. Since the building had to have a safety factor it might not have sagged until it was down to 80%. But still it should have begun moving slowly as the stressed steel got weaker and weaker.

psik

Congratulations. This might be the most coherent and well-thought out thing I’ve heard you say or ask. Bravo. Really.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-12-2015, 11:49 AM
(24-12-2015 11:28 AM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  

psik

The towers collapsed because some fanatical muslim fuckers flew jet aircraft into them end of, no conspiracy required happy fucking Xmas I hope you have a joyous visit from the Krampas Laugh out load
24-12-2015, 11:51 AM
Both of the following are from the JOM (Journal of Minerals, Metals and Materials)

Why Did the World Trade Center Collapse? Science, Engineering, and Speculation
http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/jom/011...-0112.html

The Role of Metallurgy in the NIST Investigation of the World Trade Center Towers Collapse
http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/071...-0711.html

“The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Building and Fire Research Laboratory and its contractors created a complex model to understand the collapse of the towers.” (just in case the model question comes back up, I want to nip it in the bud here).

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-12-2015, 11:53 AM
(24-12-2015 11:28 AM)psikeyhackr Wrote:  So due to heating it would have had to reach 99% strength, then 98%, 97%, etc, etc. Since the building had to have a safety factor it might not have sagged until it was down to 80%.

I'm no metallurgist so I have no reason to think that the compression strength degrades linearly as you suggest. Think there are some welders here who might know though.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-12-2015, 11:55 AM
(24-12-2015 11:49 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The towers collapsed because some fanatical muslim fuckers flew jet aircraft into them end of, no conspiracy required happy fucking Xmas I hope you have a joyous visit from the Krampas Laugh out load

The only reason they did it was because the Jews were holding their families hostage. It's always the Jews.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus